Flowerhorn Info REVISED!

dudleysmom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
I have a female that was given to me. She is about 12" in length. She has what appears swim bladder. It had gone on for a month. I did have a ph and ammonia problem but have corrected it a few days ago. I have changed the water often. She quit eating for about 2 weeks but I am feeding her frozen food that she takes twice a day. She eats well but stays on her side. It seems that her side is swollen but an aquarium company here says she should get over it if I keep changing the water. Is there medicine I can give her. I can take and post a picture if that would help. I don't want to lose her and want to make sure she is not suffering. If she eats, I don't think she is suffering. She moves around the take erratically when I stroke her and splashes water all over me. Help please.

dudleysmom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
This information is great. I printed and put in a reference book. Thanks. My lady flowerhorn is about 12" long. Was given to me. She is floating on top and has a buldge on her side that stays out of the water. She eats whatever I give her and when she sees me, she tries very hard to swim all over the tank. Not swim bladder, right. How about Dropsy????????? But, she eats and responds to me often. What do I do to save her?????????????

Gheko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2010
italy
Finally some serious info on the FH!!!!

I am thinking to set up a FH breeding farm here in Sicily (Italy) can you help?

mangingisda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2010
Suminot
This thread is very helpful, thank you so much for creating this.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
2.)food: there are various food specially made for FH in the market that will enhance your FH head size and shape

When it comes to feeding FH, this is by far the largest myth in the hobby.
The various foods marketed for FH are no different than any other commercial food on the market. It's called marketing........

Any high quality fish food will help enhance your fishes overall shape, size, and color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store