Flowerhorn Info REVISED!

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Hahahha heads up, I get it, because the FH keeps sticking KOK out of water, lol

I dont know if I wanna try that press the belly for squirts technique.

jennifer_tappan

Feeder Fish
Mar 11, 2011
Florida
i just got a flowerhorn....should i keep it in its own tank or put it in a tank with other fish? got a 200gal with oscars, 55 with baby oscar and hybrid catfish, 55 with african cichlids

HokieFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Norf Cackalacky
i just got a flowerhorn....should i keep it in its own tank or put it in a tank with other fish? got a 200gal with oscars, 55 with baby oscar and hybrid catfish, 55 with african cichlids
You will probably find out that these fish can be intolerant of other fish. I have mine in a 150gal and he has a striped and a spotted raph as well as a small pleco in there with him. he killed everything else i put in the tank, and he probably only lets the cats in the tank because they hide under rocks.
A 55gallon would make a decent home for him solo, but 60-75 would be better. Good luck!

yohan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Philippines/Los angeles
Didn't know this post got sticky I haven't been to this site for a long time. Funny story, I was checking this thread out and my mom saw and read through it then she started counting back and said how did you know so much information if you were just 19 back then. I started confessing about the imports, business and trips that I did back then that nobody in my family knew about. Then she flipped out. Just sharing haha!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store