flowerhorn sick or sleeping

adeel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2018
Update: I have added medication for super lck cure and raised the temp from 83 to 85. and also added 4 air stones for H2O. White spots still exist however he is moving around now. What I have learned from researching is that Ick can can easily cured if treated at first sight and the parasite has can't reproduce at high temps. and it instantly die at 89+. I might bump it up to 86/87 tonight but dont wanna go past that because its said flower horn can withstand unto 86. Let me know your opinion guys!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Update: I have added medication for super lck cure and raised the temp from 83 to 85. and also added 4 air stones for H2O. White spots still exist however he is moving around now. What I have learned from researching is that Ick can can easily cured if treated at first sight and the parasite has can't reproduce at high temps. and it instantly die at 89+. I might bump it up to 86/87 tonight but dont wanna go past that because its said flower horn can withstand unto 86. Let me know your opinion guys!
Good, that plus daily water changes to remove any parasites floating around is perfect

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
What was the ammonia? Didn’t see that. You need be careful based on your water test your tank is not fully cycled. Raising the temp increases metabolism and puts you at a higher risk of crashing the tank. Also if your ich treatment has formalin in it this will drive oxygen out of the tank and warm water holds less oxygen to Begin with. Continue with wc and treatment. Once resolved and no ammonia or nitrites you can slowly add some dithers. Good luck!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store