Flowerhorn

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
got a decent picture of mine while he was sleeping still. anybody know how long it'll take his streamer to heal? he got in a scuffle with my red devil about a month ago. 20180222_050647.jpg

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Should heal up fine. But if you have him in with another cichlid, it will just get messed up again. Flowerhorn dont want to do anything but fight tankmates generally

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Should heal up fine. But if you have him in with another cichlid, it will just get messed up again. Flowerhorn dont want to do anything but fight tankmates generally
no hes back alone now. i had them in a divided tank when i was moving sone tanks around and they battered down the barricade to get acquainted with each other lol.

thanks!

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
no hes back alone now. i had them in a divided tank when i was moving sone tanks around and they battered down the barricade to get acquainted with each other lol.

thanks!
I have been there. Lost a large dat once due to a motaguense male breaking through a divider.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I have been there. Lost a large dat once due to a motaguense male breaking through a divider.
ooh thats a tough and most likely costly loss. was the mota smaller? my issue was pretty comical because the red devil is much larger and rorschach (the flowerhorn) was the one constantly jumping and breaking the divider.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
ooh thats a tough and most likely costly loss. was the mota smaller? my issue was pretty comical because the red devil is much larger and rorschach (the flowerhorn) was the one constantly jumping and breaking the divider.
Yea the mota was quite a bit smaller. Around the same length. It was pretty quick too. Like 4 hours while i was out of the house. Came home and the dat was just about scaleless on the bottom of the tank. Poor dude hung in there for like 3 more days before finally dieing. If i was to do it over, i would have euthanized on day 1.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store