Fluffy the fahaka!

UnclePat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2022
Thiamine free foods? Not familiar…what’s the concern? Something regarding feeding live foods?

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
No, it’s a problem with feeding fw organisms saltwater stuff. I feel a little better now that he’s eating bloodworms.

Reactions: UnclePat

UnclePat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2022
Gotcha. If you’re lucky, some places carry frozen crayfish if you want to keep it strictly freshwater…though as long as it’s a varied diet, I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
I was trying to find readily available foods.
I didn’t feed fluffy last night, his belly bump was still up from the bloodworms. Fluffys loving the tank, especially the Java ferns. He likes to rest on them when he’s not out hunting or trying to swim into the background.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
So fluffy started taking bloodworms from the feeder prong! Hopefully fluffy will associate the prongs with food soon. I’m going to start trying my miuris and suvattii with red worms the same way. Lurch, the miuris, will only eat things that are red. Weird little guy.

Reactions: Deadeye

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I got my fahaka about the same size. I feed mine pellets mostly but mix it with snails, crayfish, guppies, worms. At that size my fahaka took pretty quickly to pellets. He likes really hard ones better then soft.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ I agree with twentyleagues twentyleagues while young best to get them pellet trained and on a variety of foods so they are less picky as they age...

Also if they are pellet trained it will become easier to feed when you run out of frozen foods to feed or aren't able to pick up any in a pinch...

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Fluffy was doing great. Eating, exploring, good color etc. then he just died. His water was fine, I just don’t know what happened. Bad week for puffers. I had to put my miuris and suvattii together in a 55, and I used a light diffuser grid to separate them. The miuris got over it somehow and got half his face ripped off. Sigh.

• Sad

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
The suvattii, deadeye, is doing very well. Not shy and took frozen krill from the forceps violently, on the first try.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Fluffy was doing great. Eating, exploring, good color etc. then he just died. His water was fine, I just don’t know what happened. Bad week for puffers. I had to put my miuris and suvattii together in a 55, and I used a light diffuser grid to separate them. The miuris got over it somehow and got half his face ripped off. Sigh.
Sorry to hear. Maybe it had a parasite or some adverse reaction to the food?
Sorry about the murius, can it still eat? If so it’s got a shot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store