For the wolf lovers: Aimara and 2 malas

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Nice aimara! Since the recent loss of my curupira, have been thinking about getting one.

How’s yours doing in the community setup? See a couple marks on the dorado. Aimara related?

Reactions: dr exum

JoshuaLow

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2019
Ohhh man what happen to the curupira!?
The aimara is pretty settled in the community tank with the dorado, sb rtc, fei feng, hampala barb..... The Atlantic tarpon didn't make it though, sustained sswim bladder injury I believe.....
The dorado get by pretty alright, although ocassionally chased by the aimara but nothing major.....Dorado probably learnt not to mess around when it was previously bitten by the aimara and beaten up by the mala but it heals very fast with the water changes.....it chases the Fei Feng and the hampala barb as its punching bag though but also no worries, the hampala barb makes a pretty good one. Hahhahahahha
The sb rtc is the only one that I am worried may start gobbling up things when it is of size, am keeping it's diet slow for now.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Ohhh man what happen to the curupira!?
The aimara is pretty settled in the community tank with the dorado, sb rtc, fei feng, hampala barb..... The Atlantic tarpon didn't make it though, sustained sswim bladder injury I believe.....
The dorado get by pretty alright, although ocassionally chased by the aimara but nothing major.....Dorado probably learnt not to mess around when it was previously bitten by the aimara and beaten up by the mala but it heals very fast with the water changes.....it chases the Fei Feng and the hampala barb as its punching bag though but also no worries, the hampala barb makes a pretty good one. Hahhahahahha
The sb rtc is the only one that I am worried may start gobbling up things when it is of size, am keeping it's diet slow for now.
Unfortunately the top was not on the aquarium as secure as I had thought and he went tile surfing over night. Surprising as I have never seen that behavior before from him. I suspect he and the juruense were playing rough. Unfortunately the two have been cramped in my 6’ tank while I finish up my 10’ build. The tank has taken a lot longer than planned with juggling my 9month old and a new work schedule.

Good luck with you guy, keep the updates coming!

JoshuaLow

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2019
The color of the Aimara really changes, esp with the PH..... SB Rtc growing real fast, gulps??

IMG_20200818_210210.jpg

IMG_20200818_210055.jpg

IMG_20200818_210053.jpg

IMG_20200818_205805.jpg

IMG_20200818_205532.jpg

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
nice set up! jelly! like the dorado!