Freshwater eel options

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
Really? What did he go after? The freshwater moray is what frank suggested and it looked like a great idea. I'm very curious what he was housed with that he tried to kill. The smallest stuff in my tank currently are about 7-8" balas
he didnt go after anything that swam mid to top water as far as I know. I never saw anything that swam mid-top water have bites or anything but he went after bottom swimmers such as catfish and plecos

PJ1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2016
CT
jonah h2o jonah h2o well that'll be fine only bottom fish will be the other eel. Haha wish you still had yours to sell!

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
jonah h2o jonah h2o well that'll be fine only bottom fish will be the other eel. Haha wish you still had yours to sell!

yeah, I did read somewhere that they had venomous teeth. Im definitely not trying to turn you off of them they are really awesome, I just wouldn't want you to loose a fire eel they are really cool to and can both be hard to find.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
As a person whos owned a fire eel in the past, and polyuranadons now, i can tell you Fire Eels will be a lot more personable than poly's...

Not to mention fire eels grow pretty large, reasonably quickly... especially once you get them eating basically anything...

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
As a person whos owned a fire eel in the past, and polyuranadons now, i can tell you Fire Eels will be a lot more personable than poly's...

Not to mention fire eels grow pretty large, reasonably quickly... especially once you get them eating basically anything...
mine is still small, unfortunately I don't get to him very much

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I got my guy when he was 10" and basically started to try hand feeding him from the beginning... i think took approx 6months till he was comfortable eating out of my hand, then from there grew like a weed and hit over 24" before he decided to take a dive out of my tank....

PJ1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2016
CT
Yea my fire eel is awesome. He seems to love krill the most. I built him a lace rock mansion which he hangs out of most of the time.

valentined4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2017
Really? What did he go after? The freshwater moray is what frank suggested and it looked like a great idea. I'm very curious what he was housed with that he tried to kill. The smallest stuff in my tank currently are about 7-8" balas
I think those fresh water morays are brackish and you're going to need to add salt.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store