Friday Free-For-All....

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I just expressed my position that the selling of those doomed turtles is basicallly animal cruelty.
For past few years some people throughout the city have been getting the hatchlings from somewhere and setting up at shopping centers or even walking the streets and selling them.They place them in small clear containers with a little water and sell them to whomever is willing to pay the ten or twenty bucks for them.I told the woman that most of the people who buy such "turtle kits" don't have a clue as to how to properly care for them.
I found and rescued one on Coney Island Beach once. I took it home, gave it food, clean water and a heat lamp, and put it up for adoption immediately. Some lady adopted him, and kept him for years, but she told me RES under a certain size are illegal for sale in NY and I was lucky she responded before the FWS did.

whats the spare tire for?
If you wreck one of the treads, you could probably replace it with the wheel and limp home. They are aftermarket things designed to be mounted like wheels.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I found and rescued one on Coney Island Beach once. I took it home, gave it food, clean water and a heat lamp, and put it up for adoption immediately. Some lady adopted him, and kept him for years, but she told me RES under a certain size are illegal for sale in NY and I was lucky she responded before the FWS did.

If you wreck one of the treads, you could probably replace it with the wheel and limp home. They are aftermarket things designed to be mounted like wheels.
That would be expensive failure, you should check out the price for mattracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store