Funny Colored Bicher

ILikeBichirs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2012
somewhere
Maybe he is just washed out, i had a sen on white sand with my albino sen and they looked the same the only difference was shape, eyes, and color tint. The regular sen was not as white

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Probably just a washed out regular Senegal. They can get pale color when on light colored substrate or if stressed. Maybe a combo of both...

Fish_Man_Dan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
fort lauderdale, FL

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
What size is it? I had a baby sen that was as dark as they get and as he grew he faded and he almost looks like a platinum

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Well, here's some pictures. In one of the pictures, you can see he's missing his right eye. It's about 8 inches long. Maybe it is a washed out bicher but I've never seen this color. As far as being in a tank with light gravel, the gravel was black. I don't think he is stressed out because he ate a mealworm as soon as it hit the water. It's like a very light skinned ornate. Please let me know what you think, Ed.

20130420_174059[1].jpg

20130420_193221[1].jpg

20130420_193219[1].jpg

Fish_Man_Dan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
fort lauderdale, FL
Looks like a mutation to me, one that makes the whole body the same color as the belly normally is... Interesting.

Give it some time and see if he darkens or changes at all

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Well, here's some pictures. In one of the pictures, you can see he's missing his right eye. It's about 8 inches long. Maybe it is a washed out bicher but I've never seen this color. As far as being in a tank with light gravel, the gravel was black. I don't think he is stressed out because he ate a mealworm as soon as it hit the water. It's like a very light skinned ornate. Please let me know what you think, Ed.
lol. it's just a normal senegal! Bichir's body color depends on its surroundings. They blend with their substrate. If the substrate is light, the bichir will be a lighter color. If the substrate is dark, the bichir will be a darker color. Senegal colors range from a creamy gold to a dark brown. It all depends on its environment. I'm guessing that your bichir lived in a sandy environment.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Looks like a mutation to me, one that makes the whole body the same color as the belly normally is... Interesting.

Give it some time and see if he darkens or changes at all

A darker substrate will make the sen darker.

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Like I said before, the gravel was completely back. There was 1 albino, 2 senegals, and the one I bought. The 2 senegals were way darker then the one I picked up. The albino was white with red eyes, the senegals were very dark, and the one I bought looks like the albino but just a little darker. Whatever it is, I still love bichers. Some more suggestions please. I've seen senegals before with very bright gravel and they were still darker than the one I bought.

A darker substrate will make the sen darker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store