Fx6 aquastop valve leak

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Maybe upload it to youtube and link here?
I put it on my server, it will work on most anything now. I forgot to add a player to it. It’s a higher quality mp4. If I have to, I’ll convert it to work on older opera browsers if someone can’t see it.

DarkOne

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2019
NJ
The reason I suggested youtube is because if you post just the link, the video will attach to your post and we would be able to watch it w/o leaving this forum.

Like this...

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
The reason I suggested youtube is because if you post just the link, the video will attach to your post and we would be able to watch it w/o leaving this forum.

Like this...
Yes, I know how YouTube and the forum works. Fact is, you can use Dailymotion, Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe and Vimeo also. I just choose not to do so. I quit using them for personal reasons quite some time ago. I’m not sure if the new update to the forum will allow any embedded video or not. If not, I know and understand why. I’ve ran/coded boards and forums in the past. They can be a pain to police sometimes. Anyhow, thanks for trying to help.

dilligaf327

Feeder Fish
Sep 3, 2019
hi ppl just had to jion as i have 4 of these filters and every time i touch them most of the taps leak,
have had them apart and cleaned and tried silicone grease all to no avail,
have found that if there is up or down pressure on the tap the outer housing flexis thus the leak,
most will take up and stop leaking after a day or two,{painfull}
failing that buy a new tap {again}
if someone has a fix would be much appreciated.

D-RIG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2015
San Diego , CA.
You can try to place the leaking valve on the input side
there is less presser there and it may stop leaking , try
moving it back and forth and do not run wide open .

I'd buy another valve and replace it , them try to fix it .

dilligaf327

Feeder Fish
Sep 3, 2019
hi ppl just had to jion as i have 4 of these filters and every time i touch them most of the taps leak,
have had them apart and cleaned and tried silicone grease all to no avail,
have found that if there is up or down pressure on the tap the outer housing flexis thus the leak,
most will take up and stop leaking after a day or two,{painfull}
failing that buy a new tap {again}
if someone has a fix would be much appreciated.
just a update. cleaned all 4 filters this week and have a spare tap, 7 out of 9 taps leak after cleaning, all were smeared with silicone grease, 5 days later 2 are still leaking, also carnt buy new taps anyware . great filters but **** taps and backup. also have removed hard tubing from taps to lessen the flex.

dvdboulet

Feeder Fish
Feb 14, 2021
I couldnt get the aquastop valves so i wanted to share thisView attachment 1449908
Your DIY solution is outstanding... and now having gone through my *second* round of Fluval aquastop valves for my FX6, I'm ready to follow in your footsteps. Can you describe the particular couplings/pieces... especially where you connect with the pipe claps from the OEM flex-hoses to your PVC... and then again what exactly you're using to connect to the terminals on the top of the filter itself? I walked the aisle for an hour at home depot today and couldn't easily find something to make the "transition"... but clearly you have! Thanks!

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
So weird, I have three of them and never a lick of trouble. ?

I hope I didn't just jinx myself ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store