GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER BETTER!!

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
1. What is your first name?
Sean
2. How long have you been in the hobby???
3years
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla???
a month
4. How many pikes do you have?
one
5. List all the species that you have.
sveni
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?
combination of bloodworms, frozen krill, various hakari and omega one pellets, FD krill and shrimp. feed once a day
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank?
about a week
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?
about 3" when i got him and he's put on maybe .5"
9. What is your fav. type of pike?
Acutirostris
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in?
125g

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
nice fish and i have ur favorite fish~~~~~~~~~~~~~haha -just messing with u lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dovii dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Massachusetts
www.Tanbusters.com
Nick,30yrs,keeping Pikes on and off for 5 yrs,favorite Pikes are Xingu(can never find them around here)I currently keep 2 Sveni's they eat earthworms and occaisonally a few Cichlid Pellets.They ussually color up within a few hours after they are in my tank.

crenicichlacrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
1. John
2. 3-4 Years
3. About 2 years
4. 2
5. Currently own a WC pair of C. Frenata
Other Pikes Previously Owned: C. Lepidota and C. Regani
6. Different days Depends on what they get but, Monday to Saturday they get either Earthworms, Meal worms, or enriched frozen krill. No feeding on Sundays. Mostly because I have read if you don't feed your fish 1 day every week it can actually make them healthier and you water quality better. The Regani was the only pike I ever got to eat pellet food.
7. About a month for the Frenata, not really sure for the Lepidota but it never really got super colorful and still isn't to this day (my friend now owns it), The Regani was by far the quickest and only took about a week to color up.
8. The Frenata were about 3" when I got them and they are now between 6" - 7". The Lepidota was about 4" - 5" when I got it and he/she is now about 11" in my friends 180, The Regani was about 2" and only grew to about 4" before it died. Still not sure what killed the Regani to this day.
9. By far it has to be Crenicichla Lenticulata!
10. C. Frenata have a 75 all to theirself.

FISHKILL PRODUCTIONS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
LETS BEGIN...
1. What is your first name? Jon
2. How long have you been in the hobby??? 4 weeks, essentially
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? Just about that long
4. How many pikes do you have? one
5. List all the species that you have. Lepidota, I'm pretty sure. Sold to me as a 'gold flake.'
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? My pike eats like a king. He/she (would really like to dial that in) eats frozen krill, feeder fish, earthworms, chunks of salmon or halibut (whatever fish might be my dinner that night), and most recently commercial 2ml fish pellets, which he definitely ‘learned’ to eat by watching his tankmate, a flowerhorn. That process was cool to witness. He eats from my hand.
At least some pellets every day, and meat every 2-3 days. I may be overfeeding him, but he is such a begger I can’t resist ;)
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? Don’t really know the answer to that one. He gets some color during feeding, when excited it seems. He’s (I’m sold, it’s a dude) not that colorful of a pike to begin with I guess.
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? ~4.5in
9. What is your fav. type of pike? I was part owner of an orange pike a couple years ago, but this guy is way cooler IMO. Behaviorally. Never met another, so Lepidota it is.
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? 55 gal.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Never even noticed this was here before...

1. What is your first name?
Conner
2. How long have you been in the hobby???
About 3 years
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla???
Just less than 1 year
4. How many pikes do you have?
12 :eek: (Does this mean I'm officially addicted to crenicichla!?)
5. List all the species that you have.
Venezuelan (2)
Lepidota (3)
Johanna (3) (babies)
Anthurus (2, pair)
Sveni (1)
Belly crawler (1)

6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?
Earthworms (pieces every night-they steal from the stingray :irked:)
Freeze Dried Krill (every 2-3 nights - they love it)
Frozen Bloodworms/brineshrimp/mysis shrimp (every 2-3 nights)
F/T shrimp/silversides/tilapia (once every week)
Live Feeders (once every 2-3 weeks)

7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank?
About 48-72 hours before they were comfortable and started to show their true colors. Some didn't achieve their best colors until they had matured, which took several months.
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?
Venezuelan - Got at 6", currently 13" (second is about 7")
Lepidota - Got at 2.5", currently 6.5", 4", and 3"
Anthurus - Got at 3", currently 6.5-7" each
Johanna - Got at 1.75", currently 1.75"
Sveni - Got at 2", currently 2.25"
Belly Crawler - Got at 2.25", currently 2.75"

9. What is your fav. type of pike?
Hard to say. I like the colors of my anthurus pikes, and wish they would breed, but my male lepidota is the boss/thug of the tank, and he's currently courting the anthurus female :nilly:. My ven is a monster though, he's 13" and the boss of the tank when he feels like it.
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in?
125g, 125g, 55g, 20L

fahaka30331

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2005
atl
marcus
10 years
about 3-4 years out of that ten
i have kep lents and johanna
my fav was the lent
not had pike in a min about to get something soon

Dreamsing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas
1. Ashley
3 months
3 months
Just one
Crenicichla Saxtilis I believe
Home-grown live foods (shrimp and guppies) and bloodworms, about once a day
No time at all, she was showing stripes after an hour. The rosey belly took almost a month to get nice and bright though. She was a juvie when she moved in though so she might have just grown into it recently.
5 inches, and she's 8 now
I'll have to stick with what I know here, Saxtilis.
I keep her in a 55 at the moment

T-Hbrand

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
1. Tim
2. 6 years off and on
3. 3 days
4. 1
5. I think its a red
6. thats what I'm trying to find out
7. he is already lookin allot better
8. 12 inches
9. northern :)
10. 110gallon

crenicichlove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
maryland
I currently have 3 tanks set up, a 220g, a 150g , and an 80g.
The 220 has a 22'' TSN a 20'' redtail/tsn hybrid , 2 jags and a giant black belt
My 125 currently houses 2 peacock bass, my Venezuelan pike, a royal pleco and a baby convict.... don't ask how its alive it was used to feed the peacocks or the pike and they won't eat her lol. Also a beautiful royal pleco.
The 80g is currently empty my roommate and I are planting it now and want to get a stable plant community before adding fish. I have been looking for a pair of Xingu1's for almost 2 years now, everywhere i look they are always out of stock, yet i read they are readily available. Once i find them they will grow in the 80g and be transfered to the 150.
Crenicichla i find to have HUGE personalities , very vibrant in color , and i find when friends/ family come over the pike is what they are drawn to. So just a little info about what i house at the moment, as my name says I love pikes!!!

P.S any leads on the Xingu's please share :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store