GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER BETTER!!

crenicichlove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
maryland
sorry , My name is patrick been keeping pikes for about 5-6 years. they eat massivore and shrimp usually , earthworms here and there .. the Venezuelan was immediately showing colors, previous pike took a little longer but got put in smaller tans so took longer to get comfortable

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
1. What is your first name?
-Paul
2. How long have you been in the hobby???
-kept a small fish tank when I was younger, but didn't start keeping fish again until probably 11 years ago or so. I was pretty much burnt out and only had a 125 with a BGK (that just died :() until I found this place, so I really got into it when I joined here and it spiralled from there.
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla???
-off and on since probably 6 months after I joined here. this is the first one I've kept in about a year. I've had a tapajos i, a sveni, a couple johannas, a male/female lucius and an atabapo ii
4. How many pikes do you have?/5. List all the species that you have.
-15" Cobra...I take care of my mom's 125 that has a bellycrawler that I used to keep in my tanks that we've had for a couple years now
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?/8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?
-just got it yesterday, so haven't really fed it yet...will probably get tilapia, shrimp, NLS sinking, etc.
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank?
-a few hours maybe, but still haven't seen her females markings yet as I'm told it's a female and i trust the person I got it from
9. What is your fav. type of pike?
-cf. jegui
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in?
-currently in a 75 by itself. I'm hoping to put it in with my cichla in my 300 when they get bigger. I tried an 11" oscar with it and it didn't last 15 minutes before I had to remove it.

Wingless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2010
Minneapolis
We need to get to know each other better, after all, not many people keep Crenicichla, so we need to stick together!! Plus it will give us a substantial thread WORTH reading!! LOL!

LETS BEGIN...
4. How many pikes do you have?
5. List all the species that you have.
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?

Hello Everyone

1. My Name is Jeremy
2. I have been keeping Pikes for about 3 months. noob
3.Same
4. 2 Pikes
5. Both Lepidota.
6. I leave Live Feeder Minnows in the tanks all the time for him.
7. He's coloring up more and more.
8. We got Jaws 3 months ago he was about 3 inches now he is at least 5 Inches Long. Happy We got about 3 weeks ago and hasn't grown much maybe half an inch.
9. Lepidota's they're the only ones I've had.
10. I bought one on Craigslist listed as 75 gallon tank but then I measured it and put in the measurements into
http://www.fishlore.com/ConversionCalculator.htm

and it says it is only a 55 gallon tank. It is 4 Feet Long, 20 inches High, and 13 Inches Deep.

Cecropia

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
US
My turn lol

LETS BEGIN...
Devin

Since I was in elementary, mother was an avid fishkeeper. Seriously fishkeeping for 7-8 years though
just over a year of semi-educated pike-keeping, before that I had a fat female sveni with no idea what I was doing. Also grew out a group of sveni for a friend at one point
C. proteus, C. johanna
Hikari food sticks, FD krill, Silversides...once or twice a day. They fast every now and again
a few days
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them
?
2.5 inches. More than tripled in length since
Cobra, of the ones I've had my old sveni and my johannas are my faves

a 55 and 125

crazy 4 pikes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
1. Little (Dan)
2. 15
3. 5 years-break-2 months +
4. 5 for now
5. Venezuelan
6. Live food, guppies, brine shrimp, earth worms, etc, and pellets. 2 times a day 1 day fast
7. idk less than a day
8. First introduction to these fish was a beautiful female Orange Pike I took as a favor for a friend. He didn't have the tank space, I did. She was 9 inches when I got her and I upgraded her accommodation to a 120 gallon tank. She grew to 13.5 inches when I had her, when I had a fuse blow while on vacation for two weeks she was dead when i got home <tear> Where I live we don't get many pike cichlids in the lfs so I recently finally acquired 5 little Venezuelans, bought em at 2-2.5 inches or so. they have grown an inch since I got em.
9. Esox lucius but im biased as I live in Canada:ROFL:
10. right now 5 are in a 75 gallon, in 4 more months or so they are going to the 400 gallon plywood tank and if the wife lets me the 1500 gallon plywood plans will finally be taken off the proverbial shelf.:naughty:

karl wagner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
Suzhou, PRC
1. Karl
2. 22
3. 1 week!
4. 1
5. Alta 5 inches
6. Tried pellets but may switch to frozen& live foods
7. Not sure that it did yet.
8. Saw a collection of fish and bought the whole tank essentially including this pike! so.
9. Not sure yet but i really like the one I have
10. right now I have a 210 but I hope to get a big tank some day.

dcook

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Ham.,Oh
1- Dave
2-40 yrs
3-1 year
4- 12 dwarfs
5- Wallacei, Notop. Tapajos, Tapajos Regani -all wild importer ID
6-froz. Bloodworms,BS, live blackworms, live BBS
7- Few days
8-2.5-3" - 3-5"
9- dwarfs- mid size some day
10- 40 breeders
Interest is in spawning fish.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
LETS BEGIN...
Amy
My father has pictures of me in diapers plastered to the saltwater tank he had. But got my own tank when i was 9? for x-mas
approx 2 monthes, prior to Pikes I've kept Africans, SA/CA and a plethera of other Cichlids. Shoulda got some sooner =D

C. proteus, C. venizuela .. Or I'm fairly certain thanks to everyone here, particularly Peanut.

Just about anything I can get them to eat, But their favorites are bloodworms and nightcrawlers. also get krill, and NLS pellets and sometimes HIkari. Whatever I feel like tossing in. 1-2x depending on how much they beg and how much I fall for the cuteness.

a few days
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them
?
approx 3" The Proteus have bulked up more then put size on, though they have grown abit. The Vennys have almost doubled already and are nearly 2x the Proteus size now.

Rosemarie
40B. Once the Vennys outgrow the 40 they will be moved with my Gar and fire eels, and the whole stock of that tank will be moved into a 240ish eventually.

Tyranno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2010
Copenhagen
www.Rovfisk.dk
LETS BEGIN...
Simon
about 30 years with a few years off-
A couple of years now.
3 johanna, 8 venz, 2 xingu I and 4 sp.atabapo
2-3 times aday with pellets, clams, sardines, mysis and more.
about a day
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?
My 8 venz gre from 7-8 cm to 45 cm in about 9 months time.
Multispinosa, xinguI, lents and more.
I got a standard 1500 liter and a custum made octagon shaped 1500 liter tank.

Behan33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2012
Frisco, TX
1. My name is Beau
2. 3 years religously and 2 years on and off before that.
3. 4 months
4. I have One juvenile Green pike
5. Just the one pike unless you wanna count feeders. I will be getting a Odoe Pike (African Pike) in about a week though.
6. I feed the pike 3 roses or one decent size goldfish every day and a half?
7. 2 1/2 to 3 hours?
8. 5" now 5 1/2"?
9. I love my Green pike. She's got character and a definite personality.
10. Right now a 30 gallon. next step is a 55 for her and a possible mate or 90 for her and the Odoe Pike. I have a 40 gallon for the Odoe right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store