Getting curupira to eat?

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
It's been 5 days since I got the fella and he hasn't eaten yet. Tried food sticks and tilapia (what the previous owner said was feeding him) with no luck yet. Also tried mixing with minced garlic. Anyone have any ideas? Kind of getting annoyed having to scoop out uneaten food and doing water changes.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Wait it out. It'll eventually eat. Just new tank syndrome. I'm sure it'll eat without difficulty soon.

Quason778

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2014
Washington, DC
I agree 100% with kno4te kno4te . These guys can go a long time without eating ( mine once went like 5-6 weeks without eating). I know you're worried, but just wait it out.

Reactions: tvbbnumber41

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
It's been 5 days since I got the fella and he hasn't eaten yet. Tried food sticks and tilapia (what the previous owner said was feeding him) with no luck yet. Also tried mixing with minced garlic. Anyone have any ideas? Kind of getting annoyed having to scoop out uneaten food and doing water changes.
He may be eating without you knowing, it took my curu 5-7 months to get comfortable swimming and eating with me even in the room let alone up close. I had to crack the door and peek to see him eat and if he saw me he stopped and hid. But I will say it took him a few weeks to start eating from the start. Mine is in the extreme side I'd say though, you may have better luck. Let it settle. When feeding try to do so when the lights are off and you won't be in the room much to get him eating, peek in like I did to see. Then slowly make your way closer.

Reactions: tvbbnumber41

Skyeboy

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 4, 2016
Weird mine was pounding shrimp the first night i put him in the tank. And he rushes to flare and meet me when he sees me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store