Getting curupira to eat?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Still hasn't eaten, but nibbled at some tilapia. I guess that's progress?
At 14 inches this wolf can go on hunger strike for weeks, is it wild caught or you bought it off someone? If wild caught its might not getting use with dead food yet but its won't starve itself to dead, just keep up your good water condition and its will eventually eat.

Reactions: tvbbnumber41

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
My wolf is about 14" as well, and up until the other night I haven't seen him eat in months. He hasn't lost much weight, but he used to be fat, he has definitely thinned out. Guess he was on a hunger strike, which your wolf can very well be on as well. But if he nibbled, he's definitely getting ready to feed if you ask me.

Skyeboy

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 4, 2016
Doesnt look 14" there at all. Guess im the oddman out. Mine throws a fit if i dont feed him everyday. Or like the other day he took it upon himself to eat a 5" jaguar:(

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Doesnt look 14" there at all. Guess im the oddman out. Mine throws a fit if i dont feed him everyday. Or like the other day he took it upon himself to eat a 5" jaguar:(
I was just gonna say that, his fish looks like mine at 8", maybe even less mature, but then again that jd looks mature so it has to be atleast 6" I'd guess? The wolf is longer, so I'd guess no more than 10". These fish are wild caught so that explains its thinness which is not why I say it looks immature, but the eyes, are what make me say this. And I've not had luck with jaguar cichlids and my curu at all as well, sucks as they are one of the two cichlids I like. Have not tried my luck at the argentea yet.

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
Not quiet 14 but I'd say 13-14, more towards 13.
I was just gonna say that, his fish looks like mine at 8", maybe even less mature, but then again that jd looks mature so it has to be atleast 6" I'd guess? The wolf is longer, so I'd guess no more than 10". These fish are wild caught so that explains its thinness which is not why I say it looks immature, but the eyes, are what make me say this. And I've not had luck with jaguar cichlids and my curu at all as well, sucks as they are one of the two cichlids I like. Have not tried my luck at the argentea yet.
20170315_182733.jpg

Reactions: Jrp0405 and moe214

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
Interesting
If you're referring to the eyes that indicated a juvenile wolf, not really sure if this may explain it, but the previous owner has told me it was a choco black wolf. Maybe differentiating characteristics from this particular collection point? Can't really get much information on these guys other than a thread that the previous owner started himself when he first got him

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store