Getting rid of stock! Price questions - restocking ideas

JohnnyTBags

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2018
Also, I hope the 20" RTC isn't in a 125.
He’s not, originally was but quickly moved into the garage in a friggin baby pool. Worst adoption to date and certainly not a suitable home. He’s getting dumped into a few thousand gallon pond now. Phew. Appreciate the input. I found another LFS that’ll take them all for a reasonable price/trade/credit. Thanks

JohnnyTBags

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2018
You may basically have to give many of those larger fish away, because most experienced aquarists don't have room for them, and if they go to a LFS, they may sit, and need to be fed for months before someone has room for them, becoming a losing proposition for the store.

If you have a local aquarium club, you could take them to one of the bi-annual auctions, or regular swap meets.
If someone is looking for a certain type they may be bid it up, and you may get e reasonable price at a swap, but I often see large cichlids, and other fish go for a $1 or $2 each.

If you want Vieja, I believe a 125 is only large enough for a pair, and agree that tank is also "too smal"l for an arowana, or stingray.
Thank you!!! A pair it is. I got overly excited when I first started the hobby and always over stocked. Im grown up now and would love a beautiful show tank with 1-2 fish. I’ll look into it. Any recommendation on a pair?

Reactions: adamsfishes

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
In a 125, I'd recommend Oscura heterospila. Beautfiful "veija" species that stays a bit smaller, but it's still a pretty big fish. The varieties that get to 14" might feel a bit cramped in an 18" wide aquarium, but I don't think it would be horrible. I actually would prefer a 120 over a 125 for fish that hit 14".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store