Ghost knife help

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
i forgot to add the fish would be ok after WC then the slime shedding start coming back after 3-4 days

not sure if you have the same symptoms

other than that i had no experience of it happening, my ghost knife died when it got stuck in the siphon and i noticed it only after the water was almost all drained out

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
It looks like columnaris....erythromycin or acriflavine will help. But do lots water water changes to get the bacterial count down.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hard to tell with all the movement. Looks like ammonia burn (maybe slimecoat production) and fin rot. Would do 50% wc every 2 days. Would make sure it eats. Would hold off on any antibiotics at this time. Doesn’t look like bacterial.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
The whiteness looks like what my South American Lung went through. He acted listless and wasn't eating. After a week I saw slight deterioration of his tail fin. I proceeded with Seachem Paraguard, and he started eating again a few days later. I had to move to something stronger once I noticed more fin deterioration (still was eating and had begun acting normal), and used Seachem Polyguard.

At a minimum, I would use a mild medication like Seachem Paraguard for 1 week and see if there are any changes to the wound. It's dosed daily. My scaleless SAL had no problem at full dosage.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store