GIANT gouramis

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Big, messy, sloppy eaters; largely colourless; potentially aggressive; major ammonia dispensers...and yet the one I owned for years was one of my favourite fish, one of the few I considered a true "pet". Very cool fish. ?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Big, messy, sloppy eaters; largely colourless; potentially aggressive; major ammonia dispensers...and yet the one I owned for years was one of my favourite fish, one of the few I considered a true "pet". Very cool fish. ?
.....and don't forget they look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch, face first, on the way down! Even my mother in law's better looking than mine. Lol.

Seriously though, if I could go back in time I wouldn't have got mine. They are a true monster fish. Mine started off in a 180g, and when he got to about 12-13" he started some rather unruly behaviour. He had a habit of having a right paddy at the surface of the water. He'd take lumps out of his head on the bracing. When I put him in his current 360g his bad behaviour stopped immediately. He's really peaceful now and gets on with everyone.

But I believe that to look after these fish properly you need to be looking at a 500g set up for life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store