Glass 78x24x18 DONE!

wyumez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
gainesville, FL
the red eared turtles are illegal in the US now. Pet stores cannot sell them anymore and those who have them cannot release them in ponds. The reason behind this is the fact that ppl would release the turtles in any pond they find. This was effective on 7/1/07

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
zach c.;1008788; said:
im building an out of tank basking spot like this because red ear slider love as much water as possible and it keeps them from fighting with eachother cuz they have more swimming space so this way i can full the tank up and make a nice lookin thing like this( of course mine will look better then these tho)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/mindyandzach/Picture013-1.jpg
Thats B*I*T*C*H*E*N!!!

salsa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
In Your Imagination
wyumez;1011255; said:
the red eared turtles are illegal in the US now. Pet stores cannot sell them anymore and those who have them cannot release them in ponds. The reason behind this is the fact that ppl would release the turtles in any pond they find. This was effective on 7/1/07
This is not the whole US but it is only Florida. They can still keep the ones they have now, but can not buy any more or breed them. Albinos and other color morphs are exempt from this law.

zach c.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
New York
ya only illegal in florida and pet stored can sell read ear sliders where i live but they have to be a certian size like hatchling like i got u cant sell them because there like 1/2 - 1" and thats illegal they have to be like 3-4" to sell i got mine as a gift and they came from New York City my local pet store has 2 red ear sliders and there like 4-5" and shes selling them for 15$ each

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Very nice work. My mind just exploded with ideas for my RES!

If you use a large volume of water, the water stays spotless like an aquarium. I currently have mine in a 90g tank about 7/8 of the way full with a very small basking area and floating log. I really like your idea however!

I also like the idea of construction a long, wide, shallow tank with that thickness of glass. The shorter the tank, the less the thickness will be a problem. I would go 96x48x18" for some rays. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store