glow in the dark goldfish

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
kevinfleming21;4406442; said:
I am sure it was stated sarcastically.......
If you take a look at how devoted she is to her wet pets (even made a career out of it) it becomes pretty obvious she was being sarcastic.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Wet whiskers was being Sarcastic... :chillpill: ( which should have been obviouse by her further comment about the pleco incident at petsmart) And Jc What inhumane practices are you talking about? I'll debate the ethics of the glo danios but have yet to see any info on this being unhealthy for the fish. Not my cup of tea, but as far as I've seen just another genetically toyed with fish, not much different then hybrids. Now if the glow in the goldfish are indeed injected.. I'll concur it's inhuman and shouldn't be encouraged or promoted in any fashion. But .. Where is the info on these fish?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
MonsterMinis;4406464;4406464 said:
Wet whiskers was being Sarcastic... :chillpill: ( which should have been obviouse by her further comment about the pleco incident at petsmart) And Jc What inhumane practices are you talking about? I'll debate the ethics of the glo danios but have yet to see any info on this being unhealthy for the fish. Not my cup of tea, but as far as I've seen just another genetically toyed with fish, not much different then hybrids. Now if the glow in the goldfish are indeed injected.. I'll concur it's inhuman and shouldn't be encouraged or promoted in any fashion. But .. Where is the info on these fish?
so just as long as the fish is healthy, it's okay? im guessing you support tattooed fish too? since they seem to live healthy lives?

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
MonsterMinis;4406464; said:
I added that afterwards. I get why they thought what they did.

As long as they are healthy, and not injected, it may not be horrible. However, IMO the biggest problem is that these guys are going to end up in children's tiny bowls and tanks. I'm not a real fan of this stuff. Heck, I'm not a real fan of hybridized species in general. I kind of feel like if we're going to be putting $ and effort into breeding stuff, maybe we should be working on breeding some at risk/rare species.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
No, I just don't see how a lab altered genetic fish is any different from a hybrid, tank-bred fish? I pointed out I think injecting dye is wrong, and inhumane. And that would go with Tatooed fish as well. I'm simply asking for a clarification on these goldfish, if they are "injected" or bred/gentically altered to be like this. Also as I stated.. Hybrids/ect are not my personal cup of tea.. But I don't hold it against people who keep Flowerhorns, Parrot fish, or Glo Danios.

I'm looking for facts, knowledge, ect about these goldfish.. to answer the OP's question.

EDIT: and Wet as to the bowl comment ect. couldn't agree more. This forum is about knowledge? not flaming people back and forth. and it is a sensitive topic ;) Jc I have alot of respect for your knowledge.

But does anyone know the answer?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Wet Whiskers;4406443; said:
I wrote that and re-read it and realized it came across that way. I added the last part hoping to clarify that. I'll re-edit that. I ABSOLUTELY do NOT feel that way. I call my fish "My Kids".
Who doesnt on here? Thats why I was expecting you to get mobbed ha ha

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
MonsterMinis;4406464; said:
jcardona1;4406468; said:
so just as long as the fish is healthy, it's okay? im guessing you support tattooed fish too? since they seem to live healthy lives?
MM doesn't want them torturing fish. There are just a lot of ways they could have come up with them. We just need info on how they are made before any judgement on them can be made.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
FLESHY;4406502; said:
Who doesnt on here? Thats why I was expecting you to get mobbed ha ha
Saddly, even on here there are jackasses that act/feel that way. Fortunately, I think the majority of people are for the better treatment of fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store