Gold Severum Growth Rate

Ed204

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2017
Hi there!
I'm new to the site and heard that this was the place to go.
Anyway, I have recently acquired a baby gold Severum which is currently 3 inches. I know that tank size matters when it comes to a fishes growth and that's why I have him in my 120 gallon with 3 BP's and a Fire Mouth. How long will it take him to reach full size? Anybody is welcome to comment :)

Thanks!

Rox

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2016
Most fish that are not stressed, are in great water quality, and fed well will grow about an inch per month. Females are sometimes just a little slower than that but it also depends on genes in the fish.

Ed204

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2017
Most fish that are not stressed, are in great water quality, and fed well will grow about an inch per month. Females are sometimes just a little slower than that but it also depends on genes in the fish.
Thanks. I'll be looking forward for it too grow then.

Reactions: Rox

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
And great water quality means frequent water changes. I've found the growth of severums to be a little slower than most. Yours should grow pretty well since it doesn't have many tank mates and the tank is large enough. If it starts to get bullied by the BP's it may grow slower, there are a lot of variables.

tyson5711

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2016
I'm keeping 2 gold sevs in my 75 right now. The largest one is about 4.5 inches or maybe 5. The smaller is closer to 4. They both grew like weeds until the 4 inch mark (probably close to an inch a month) but now are growing much slower. I've found on this forum and others that's to be expected though. Though the larger one is getting fatter...he's a porker

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Should reach 7-8+" in around a year if it's already 3". I've got 3 that I'm raising from about 2" and they're pushing 6-7" now @ 7 months. Figure about 1/2" per month with quality water and multiple feedings a day

Ed204

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2017
Should reach 7-8+" in around a year if it's already 3". I've got 3 that I'm raising from about 2" and they're pushing 6-7" now @ 7 months. Figure about 1/2" per month with quality water and multiple feedings a day
I'm keeping 2 gold sevs in my 75 right now. The largest one is about 4.5 inches or maybe 5. The smaller is closer to 4. They both grew like weeds until the 4 inch mark (probably close to an inch a month) but now are growing much slower. I've found on this forum and others that's to be expected though. Though the larger one is getting fatter...he's a porker
And great water quality means frequent water changes. I've found the growth of severums to be a little slower than most. Yours should grow pretty well since it doesn't have many tank mates and the tank is large enough. If it starts to get bullied by the BP's it may grow slower, there are a lot of variables.
Thanks Guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store