Golden Clown Knife - is it rare?

drifter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
This Side
sorry to waste ya time needed 5 posts wanna c the pics but yeh really just albinos wit the colour tinge from the lights...my opinion, 1 month into first eva CK managed an albino by chance for a mere $350 australian :screwy: bout 3" well under feed when aquired eatin the eye off a smaller one that came in wit em sad to c so rare in our city only know of about 5 definte CK in perth may be wrong but yeh
thanks again
peace

black_monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
NoVA
hey, itz just an albino clown knife. i have one too and i bought it as an albino. itz eyes arent red but itz brownish/gold also.

good luck keeping urs.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
I don't get why this thread gets this much attention. Yes there are golden clown knives. it is not an issue of lighting they are just a different color morph. Yes there are true albino's they have red eyes and are the same color as goldens. they are not rare just less available.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
My guess would be because a lot of people haven't seen em. Just like I'm sure most people that belong to this site belong because they think they've got monster fish or fish tanks. I waited till my 800 was up and running before joining. Peoples perception of monster fish is by their own opinion... Which is fine, but to most people a knife of a different strain or color morph is not common, and they want to see pics:) Just my guess....

KnivesRule

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2005
Durham, NC
Do any of you guys have any luck feeding your knives by hand with chunk fish?
I used to feed my gold knife by hand but after getting bit a few times I stopped. She gets very excited and tends to snap at the food in huge bites catching my fingers as well as the fish. My other knives don't like to come up to the top to eat and are very picky about their fish. (They prefer live)

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
I saw a Brown Knife in a LFS. I think they are cool I just dont have room for a fish that size.....YET:naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store