Good online vendor experiences

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Im never checked out fresh water exotics.

I hate getting fish in from a vendor and they are beat up , torn fins and generally beat to crap. Ive had that happen a few times with some of the more notable vendors. But mever wetspot not a split fin

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I was eyeing up the geos, but none of the crenicichla seemed too interesting so I passed.
They are mostly a pleco shop but the cichlids they get are generally hard to find and we'll priced.

maxmcphee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
california
Had a lince catfish shipped from Florida to California from predatory fins, guy was up at 3am brining the fish to the air port. Even had a mistake the first time he had tried to ship(same early morning time) and ended up releasing the cat back into the pool and re netted a week later to get it to me... thing arrived in perfect shape and is ohhhhh so nice!

Reactions: jaws7777

maxmcphee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
california
Had a lince catfish shipped from Florida to California from predatory fins, guy was up at 3am brining the fish to the air port. Even had a mistake the first time he had tried to ship(same early morning time) and ended up releasing the cat back into the pool and re netted a week later to get it to me... thing arrived in perfect shape and is ohhhhh so nice!

Reactions: jaws7777

kkirkt

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2017
AquariumFishSale.com worked for me. I ordered 5 Indian mudskippers (overnight delivery) but they arrived in a cold snap in 2 days. FedEx was late in the delivery. After contacting AFS they refunded my money and then 2 weeks later I was able to reorder and got a successful delivery (still in cold weather, but it came in less than 1 day). I thought one of the mudskippers was going to die (it was sluggish) but 3 weeks into quarantine and all are looking healthy.
I still feel bad about the dead fish got initially though (slowly dying from cold).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store