Goodbye Maybelline.. 17+ years My Arowana died......

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Quite the shock this morning to see that during the night out of the clear blue.. Maybelline passed away... I just had knee replacement on my right knee... back 17 years ago I had what they call a unispacer put in my right knee.. because I was too young at the time for total knee replacement.. this is about the time we brought Maybelline home from the pet store.. just a wee little thing... now approximately 17 years later she has died..... she will be so missed... even with her drop eyes she was a beauty to me... RIP Maybelline.. you taught me so much about fishkeeping......... and monster fish......

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I am sorry for the loss. But right now I'm smiling. Smiling because i love hearing stories about responsible fish keepers that provide a great environment in which fish can live a natural lifespan.

Great job. Much respect. It's nice sharing periods of our lives with pets.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
I am sorry for the loss. But right now I'm smiling. Smiling because i love hearing stories about responsible fish keepers that provide a great environment in which fish can live a natural lifespan.

Great job. Much respect. It's nice sharing periods of our lives with pets.
Thanks for these kind words... I actually thought that she would be here longer... I quess I took it for granted after awhile.. her droop eyes held her back from seeing the food.. but it turned out to be an easy solution because she would trust us enough to actually hand her the shrimp stuffed pellets... sad day...

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Sorry for your loss. I had kept my black piranha for 17 years, thought I would go for 30 because he was a machine and lived through so much. In the final year I realized that things were not going well and was able to prepare for it. It is unfortunate when it is so sudden.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Sorry for your loss. I had kept my black piranha for 17 years, thought I would go for 30 because he was a machine and lived through so much. In the final year I realized that things were not going well and was able to prepare for it. It is unfortunate when it is so sudden.
I am sorry to hear of your loss.... having a fish this long... makes him or her a member of the family......

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store