Goonch ID?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Chicxulub Chicxulub Thanks for the kind compliments! Its still on feeders, but would love to convert it into pellets. Are yours on pellets or have any tips?
Thanks so much!
They're pretty tricky to get off of live.

I regularly offer tilapia strips to them using a stick so I can spot feed. Once the goonch is reliably eating the spot fed tilapia strips, I'll start teasing it to get it to chase the strip. Once it reliably chases the strip, I just drop them in. Once it reliably feeds on strips dropped in, I start dropping pellets.

I've also read about how goonch, notably the rutilus, have the random deaths from the site. Kinda scary to think about, but is that something that is now in the past? or are there still unknowns as to why the deaths occured?
Cant say I’ve seen a long thread on any goonch really.... maybe I didn’t type the right words in the search function once upon a time
There was a time a few years ago when a whole bunch of goonch cats all died within a few weeks of each other. At the time it was creepy as hell, and we all wondered if something like a migratory instinct was in play causing the deaths somehow.

In retrospect however, it seems like this was all just a strange statistical anomaly. It turns out a bunch of the deaths came from known issues like mechanical failure and the like. I know of several cats that have been in captivity for almost a decade. The HLG that was owned by Aw3s0m3 Aw3s0m3 that's in my goonch sticky is still alive and well with neoprodigy neoprodigy at almost 3' long.

Plenty last; but in spite of how fond of them I am, I am forced to admit that a goonch is roughly as interesting as a rock, so I suppose most people just don't talk about them.

Winterose

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Chicxulub Chicxulub Thanks for the tips!

Hmm, I see. Good knowledge to have.
Haha yeah, they don't swim alot... but i do like interesting looking rocks :)

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Cant say I’ve seen a long thread on any goonch really.... maybe I didn’t type the right words in the search function once upon a time
I'd never even heard of a goonch before today.
I thought the sailfin plecos were going to be big, but 3 feet?
I think I'd just be tossing in whole zucchini.
I live in the zucchini capitol of the world.
It's cheap as dirt.

But the water is too expensive here.

EDIT...Who said 3 feet? LOL These things could get 3 meters!

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store