Got some Trevally

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Thanks to Wes, fugupuff fugupuff convincing me to step out of my comfort zone and try these Caranx ignobilis aka giant trevally and ultimately stay in the hobby...
To be honest, brackish never interested me because the only fish I ever saw were scat and mono's which were basically angelfish to me, not my style fish keeping... But, these sparked my interest.

20190907_161117.jpg

20190907_161255.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m glad you’re staying, I have throughly enjoyed reading your posts and it would be a shame to lose a member such as yourself.
Hopefully you’ll keep us updated as they grow?

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
I’m glad you’re staying, I have throughly enjoyed reading your posts and it would be a shame to lose a member such as yourself.
Hopefully you’ll keep us updated as they grow?
With life I can't be as busy as I like. But I will try and post at least some regular updates on these as I know how annoying threads are that just all of a sudden die and leave you hanging

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
With life I can't be as busy as I like. But I will try and post at least some regular updates on these as I know how annoying threads are that just all of a sudden die and leave you hanging
Ben are there pure FW GT or just brackish? I was under the impression there were some landlock ones that didn’t need brackish

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Ben are there pure FW GT or just brackish? I was under the impression there were some landlock ones that didn’t need brackish
No idea, these are in extremely light brackish. I want to eventually take them full marine. I think I just tossed in a couple scoops of salt in to a 5 gal bucket and did a water change with it. They are eating like crazy and they swim almost like exodons do, constantly moving and looking for food!

Reactions: Dloks

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Nice. They look cool. How big do they get? Are they aggressive feeders like exodons ?

Are you able to take any close ups, not sure if I have ever heard of them before.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store