Nice impulsive aimara buy!

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Thanks!

It said it came from Suriname and it got green eyes with blue tint

It's so mellow and shy, the last keeper poke it with a finger and it doesn't bite! @@

wolf3.jpg

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
The last keeper was lucky. LOL!

Most Aimara no matter the origin will grow into maniacal killers given time to settle down.

Keep us updated. :)

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Most Aimara no matter the origin will grow into maniacal killers given time to settle down.
Just curious, what makes you say that, haven't heard anyone with a more recent and decent amount of knowledge say that since the old threads when they were kept less etc. now that they're kept more we hear lots of success stories. I haven't heard of a bad story in a while quite honestly...

Reactions: Red Aimara

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Just curious, what makes you say that, haven't heard anyone with a more recent and decent amount of knowledge say that since the old threads when they were kept less etc. now that they're kept more we hear lots of success stories. I haven't heard of a bad story in a while quite honestly...
I am actually reacting towards the "poked with finger" part. :)

The Aimaras that are doing well in their comm tanks; (I believe) are not being consistently harassed by other fishes.

They are the kind of kind of fishes that if one were to poke it a couple of times will lash out with a bite. Mine will still flare itself if I put my finger to the tank infront of it or whenever I put a net inside too close to its body.

BTW - Shookones Aimara turned nasty and killed some of his tank mates. :(

Reactions: moe214

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I am just going to sell mine and let other people to enjoy! It's not as aggressive as it seem! :)

I am more scare that it hurt itself by smashing into the glass than biting me! :O

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
BTW - Shookones Aimara turned nasty and killed some of his tank mates. :(
I remember him saying it was turning aggressive, don't remember him saying he lost anything, but you're right that is a case of one going bad lol

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I don't know why, but my aimara is scare of me! @@" It hides behind the sponge filter 24/7!

aggressive / fearless behavior???!!! it's a lie!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store