Green phantom pleco

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
Picked up a green phantom the other day, and I’m currently setting up and getting ready to cycle his 120g forever home. For the time being he’s in a 20g tall. My question is really, how long can he safely live in the 20g tall (with nothing else)? All that’s in there now is some plants and a chunk of drift wood. The filter is a cheap thing (but cycled) don’t even remember the brand, but that’ll get upgraded soon.

I’ll be doing 50% WC every week, would probably be 3 months at the most to make sure the other tank’s plants are well rooted and the cycle has finished. Just want to be sure there shouldn’t be any issues for that long (worried about aggression and over stocking in my other 120’s).

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
It’ll be fine in there. Just keep up with the water changes and upgrade soon
Got it, he’ll be in the 120g the second it’s ready, no more than 2 months. Bought it with credit at my LFS, I have extra media I bought yesterday already cycling in an established tanks filter (FX6), as soon as the tank is paid off, I can take it home and it should be good to go right away.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Bought mine at 6” and it’s been 8months and it doesn’t look like it grew any bigger so at that size it’ll take awhile to get big. Mine loves frozen krill, sinking pellets a mixture of krill, carnivore, algae wafers.

Reactions: Supalah17

TheNewSeverum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
Winter Springs
Mine loves zucchini lol. Throw half one in there and hes pounding it down. Straight zucc poopies for the next day or so lol

Reactions: Supalah17

CVS1982

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2018
Bought mine at 6” and it’s been 8months and it doesn’t look like it grew any bigger so at that size it’ll take awhile to get big. Mine loves frozen krill, sinking pellets a mixture of krill, carnivore, algae wafers.
They will grow bigger but almost every pleco is a really slow with growining.

At the maximum size the L200 will reach about 20 cm / 8 inch. Also he will grown nog only longer but also bigger in wide

My L081 was like 6 cm when i bought it 4,5 years ago and now it is like 12 cm long.

Most pleco's will also live for 25 years or longer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store