Green Terror Male / Female.

octofasciatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2007
The blue corner
Can you confirm that this little fella is a male? He's just over 2" Rescued him from a local(ish) aquatic shop. He was housed with a dozen or so snakeheads hence the abscence of most of the dorsal and missing scales. He's on the mend now but I wouldn't mind breeding from him. Seems to me to be a male got right colouring - no nuchal hump yet cos too young.

100_1269.JPG

100_1270.JPG

100_1197.JPG

100_1200.JPG

goose_uk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
England
possibly a bit young and a bit battered to sex yet id say........ good work on the rescue though!!

icecube

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2007
INDIA
good that u rescued him/her
cant say since its quite young to be identified

octofasciatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2007
The blue corner
Defo not Acara. Colouring is quite bad cos it was a bit battered. You cant see from the photos too well but there is a good deep Orange to red trim to (whats left of) the dorsal fin. Pretty sure its a rivalatus. He's v aggresive for a little un.
Watching him hunt neons at the moment.
Anybody else think he's an Acara (aquidens Pulcher)?

goose_uk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
England
nope...i do think its a GT!!

Spiritwind

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
California
Looks like a GT to me, if I had to guess at this point I would say male cause the fins come to a point. I just looked at the place I bought mine from and all the little ones were rounded, but then again different parents.

Is he missing the hard spines up front of the dorsal fin?

convict94

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
detroit, Mi
looks male and definatly not a pulcher but let him/her heal for the moment and time will tell...good save

scooter

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Raleigh, NC
i don't think it is a green terror but a blue acara:WHOA::WHOA::WHOA:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store