Green Terror + Synodontis?

rtc2112

Feeder Fish
Feb 7, 2018
Hey guys, so I really want to get a juvenile GT to throw in my 60. If I put him in with some synodontis cats would he be okay with him? What other tank mates are good with a GT, since I am pretty much set on getting one. If I decide not to get the terror I was also considering getting a Firemouth, or a pair of Convicts. Any information I get will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
i tend to stay regional with my tanks so i would choose a south american cat and dithers to complement the gt. just my opinion though.

you could do pictus cats and buenos aires tetras. maybe one of the smaller growing plecos. a raphael catfish is always a safe bet.

Reactions: rtc2112

rtc2112

Feeder Fish
Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply. How many pictus cats? Are there any tetras other that those you mentioned. I will probably have to get a raphael now that you mention it.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Thanks for the reply. How many pictus cats? Are there any tetras other that those you mentioned. I will probably have to get a raphael now that you mention it.
i have used blackskirt tetras and buenos aires tetras with some degree of success with gt-sized cichlids. i have heard good thimgs about congo tetras, but once again they are not regional w/ gt. however, a full grown gt can very easily make dinner of all these fish. the problem is that a 75 or 90 isnt really large enough to keep a school of larger tetras like silver dollars in my opinion.

i would train your gt to eat pellets asap if he isnt already, and introduce some full grown tetras while the gt is still small. never offer him feeder fish if you wish to keep tetras so he doesnt get used to eating other fish. you may still end up with a mean gt though, in which case the tetras are cheap lol.

ive kept pairs of pictus successfully, but i think you could have a group of five. make sure to give them some rock ledges and caves and bog wood to hang out in.

the raphael is a great choice too. theyre a much less active fish than the pictus though.

troublesum

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
DO NOT GET A PAIR OF CONS UNLESS THEY ARE FEMALES.

I would go for a pair of fire mouths more colorful and not as aggressive as cons

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
I think firemouths are off there nut! They will pick on your gt if they pair up. Your gt will be happy by himself but if you like the nuchal hump he will need fish to pick on. Mine was off his headIMG_20170904_222851.jpg

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store