Green terror terror

Redtail dragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
So I have a Green Terror who's being a terror. First some back ground.
I had (lost one fire mouth) 2 green terrors, a Texas, hybrid Jack Dempsey, and a fire mouth, recently deceased... Have had them since they were all about 2 inches long and in a 75 gallon tank. Recently moved them in with my catfish in a 200 gallon tank.
Recently my large green terror has been terrorizing all of the fish in the tank and killed the firemouth. Moved the texas back to the 75 before he was beaten to death (in full recovery and rearranging my whole tank).
I know Green Terrors have a rep but can anyone explain why he's become so aggressive since moving to a bigger tank? He's have started attacking my hybrid red tails(yes they have a bigger tank to go to, for the those who care, were blinded by a previous owner and me and the wife rescued them love Tweedledee and Tweedledum) that are almost twice his size. The largest being about a foot.

Redtail dragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
Add on. My friend owns a lfs and will take him for trade in but would rather not. I get attached to my fish.

Skalper666

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
NS, Canada
Sometimes that happens once they become sexually mature. They just turn nasty one day. Also it could have been the change in surroundings that made him want to claim a territory. I used to have two fully grown female jack Dempseys that were friends for years until I moved them to a new tank. After that I could never house them together again. In this case though it looks like a switch flipped and he's now a solo kinda guy.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
It can happen sometimes when they are uintroduced to another enviroment and they decide to claim it. It could even be the other fish were trying to claim a part of the tank he wanted so the fighting began.

Reactions: Richard Gazinya

Redtail dragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
Thanks for the help, the tank is pretty bear right now, I have a cave network on one side going almost to the surface but nothing besides plants on the other. I'll add something in. Hopefully will break up the fighting. If not I'll have to move or trade him in sadly. He's such a beautiful fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store