Green Terrors not eating pellets

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
I would just watch them for changes in behavior going forward. You might just want to fast them for 2 or 3 days and then try a new pellet like NLS, Northfin, or other high quality pellet...even the Hikari you were feeding. After a few days of not eating they might actually take the Hikari gold again. Just be sure not to overfeed when you do...

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
I would just watch them for changes in behavior going forward. You might just want to fast them for 2 or 3 days and then try a new pellet like NLS, Northfin, or other high quality pellet...even the Hikari you were feeding. After a few days of not eating they might actually take the Hikari gold again. Just be sure not to overfeed when you do...
I find NLS to be too small for big cichlids so i’ll try Northfin if he spits out the pellets on a few days

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
End of the week tried a new pellet for the green terror and he spat it out again. But when I put flakes and a algae wafer in for the cory cats he went ham on that food. Interesting how he doesn’t like the best quality food for him but will eat worse quality flakes and algae wafers. guess flakes are the cichlids new staple along with brine shrimp and blood worms as treats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store