Green terrors!!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
What is everyones experience with them, were they aggressive or placid, My young male beats everything in my tank
The one I used to have was pretty mellow, but I've heard fro other members that theirs' were truly terrors

Reactions: Jane.C95

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Mine is tons of fun, likes to glass bang when he gets in the mood. Eats without discrimination and looks really good imo.

I have my desk beside my tank and he will literally spend all his time at the pane of glass closest to me while I sit there. Greets me when ever he can see me nearby.

He beat on the female I had so I get rid of her and the only other fish is some syno catfish which he leaves alone.

I like how he is always moving around in the tank not a lazy boring fish like some other cichlids who just chill all day.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Green terrors have quickly become my favorite cichlid. Your male is gorgeous! Id be lying if I said I wasn't jealous I wanted a male so bad and held out hope for the longest time that my gt would be a male. And then she laid eggs I'm disappointed, but love the girl so much. She is so fun and beautiful. She's been eating from my hand since I brought her home.
On another note, she is very aggressive.
She chases her tank mates. She has already claimed her breeding rock, but feels the whole tank is hers.
The last picture is her with her first clutch of eggs. She is getting ready to lay more any day now.

20170308_145745.jpg 20170222_103951.jpg 20170205_101839.jpg

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
I love green terrors too!!! You have a stud there!

My experience is there's to many factors. They can be both depending on its environment and tank mates. Most aggressive with its own kind but overall not an overly aggressive fish.

Tell us more about your tank/mates.... Interested in knowing who gave your GT the desire to show off that nice hump.

Jane.C95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2017
I love green terrors too!!! You have a stud there!

My experience is there's to many factors. They can be both depending on its environment and tank mates. Most aggressive with its own kind but overall not an overly aggressive fish.

Tell us more about your tank/mates.... Interested in knowing who gave your GT the desire to show off that nice hump.
Haha I brought all my cichlids when they were still little juvis, He lives with a female festae, a female jag hybrid and lived with two females of his kind. He just recently bred with one of them But the pair attacked my other one so viciously I had to take her out.

Jane.C95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2017
Green terrors have quickly become my favorite cichlid. Your male is gorgeous! Id be lying if I said I wasn't jealous I wanted a male so bad and held out hope for the longest time that my gt would be a male. And then she laid eggs I'm disappointed, but love the girl so much. She is so fun and beautiful. She's been eating from my hand since I brought her home.
On another note, she is very aggressive.
She chases her tank mates. She has already claimed her breeding rock, but feels the whole tank is hers.
The last picture is her with her first clutch of eggs. She is getting ready to lay more any day now.

View attachment 1237814 View attachment 1237815 View attachment 1237816
She is so cute hahha, for me it was luck of the draw I purchased 3 juvis and at the time and that is all the shop had left and they thought they were all females. So I got lucky haha :)

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I wish I would have gotten lucky! I only bought the one because I didn't want to rehome anyone. I get so attached, lol. And I don't have any space to add another tank right now.

She is such a brat! I've been watching her closely all week waiting for her to lay her eggs. I left for a bit over an hour and come home to her newly claimed rock covered in eggs! Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store