Green terrors!!

Jane.C95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2017
I wish I would have gotten lucky! I only bought the one because I didn't want to rehome anyone. I get so attached, lol. And I don't have any space to add another tank right now.

She is such a brat! I've been watching her closely all week waiting for her to lay her eggs. I left for a bit over an hour and come home to her newly claimed rock covered in eggs! Lol
Hahah she sounds like a sneaky one! They are nearly impossible to tell whether they are male or female I just noticed out of the three one was developing a bump and getting more color?
You're female has some really nice coloring, My little breeding female is tiny compared to my other and is nearly jet black. Called her Black betty

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hahah she sounds like a sneaky one! They are nearly impossible to tell whether they are male or female I just noticed out of the three one was developing a bump and getting more color?
You're female has some really nice coloring, My little breeding female is tiny compared to my other and is nearly jet black. Called her Black betty
Awe! Do you have any pictures of the girls?
I picked her from the 5 others in the tank because she was the biggest with the most orange on her fins. I thought I had a male for sure. Haha no one seems to have a hump yet. So tiny at only 1 1/2in.

Jane.C95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2017
Awe! Do you have any pictures of the girls?
I picked her from the 5 others in the tank because she was the biggest with the most orange on her fins. I thought I had a male for sure. Haha no one seems to have a hump yet. So tiny at only 1 1/2in.
This is little black betty, they just had a domestic haha they are such funny fish to watch, her belly looks full of eggs so I think they will breed again soon!

Screenshot_2017-03-10-09-14-23.jpeg

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
This is little black betty, they just had a domestic haha they are such funny fish to watch, her belly looks full of eggs so I think they will breed again soon!

View attachment 1237948
Oh my goodness! She is so cute! She looks so small next to him. Her egg tube looks low so I think you are right! You should make them a progress thread once they spawn

Jane.C95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2017
Oh my goodness! She is so cute! She looks so small next to him. Her egg tube looks low so I think you are right! You should make them a progress thread once they spawn
Haha I love her she is a real little terror, smallest fish in the tank but some how she rules!
Sounds good I shall keep you updated to how they are doing:)

Reactions: MrsE88

Wooster

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2012
United States
I am trying to post a question regarding these beauties but keep getting an error message saying I am posting a link, no links in my questions

Wooster

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2012
United States
I think I posted on the wrong page of the forum so forgive me if you read this elsewhere.

I recently got 5 young green terrors, largest is about 3" smallest at about 1.5" they do not seem even a little interested in bloodworm flake food, frozen bloodworm is the exact opposite. Since I introduced the frozen bloodworm into their diet they are much more active.

They will receive a 20% water change once a week, more if it is recommended.

Temperature is 78, and a ph of 6.5 or pretty darn close to it. Filtration is provided by two Power Filters 50 to 70 gallon.
My questions are at what size will they be classed as adult and how long on average does it take for them to reach that size with the parameters as described?.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like it worked this time.

Reactions: Jane.C95

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That is tough to answer. My oldest is around a year old and not full grown yet. All gts will grow at a different pace because we all have a slightly different way of raising them.

I believe I did see you post about these guys. They are in a 45gal right?

I would plan on getting a bigger tank soon. They do get aggressive as they mature even at a young age. And things can get bad fast.

Water changes should be a minimum 50% weekly. More is always better.
Poor water quality will really stunt their growth.

No one can really say when they will reach their max size. 2-3yrs I'd imagine.

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
I love green terrors!! What is everyones experience with them, were they aggressive or placid, My young male beats everything in my tank

View attachment 1237773
I would say there are levels of "typical" aggression
To me you have the psycho level-Dovii, Umbee, Beani, Amphilophus, Jag, Haitian.
Then mid to low I believe GTs fall in that category, can handle themselves with Convicts or Texas, but compared to Trimacs or Dovii they are not that aggressive.

Reactions: Jane.C95
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store