Greenlipped mussel

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Read it again.....BK is referring to cat food not fish pellets.
Hahaha my bad. I guess ill have to blame it on being late and im tired after a day of moving tanks and fishes around in my fishrooms.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hahaha my bad. I guess ill have to blame it on being late and im tired after a day of moving tanks and fishes around in my fishrooms.
Haha it's all good friendo.I have to do a lot of that stuff this weekend.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Haha it's all good friendo.I have to do a lot of that stuff this weekend.
Well i have at least one more day before om happy down there. Then i have two tanks thats being siliconed together next weekend. One 250x80x70cm and one 244x110x60cm and ****loads of tanks to start up. I got a shipment of fish coming in three weeks.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I know several people who feed this to their fish. I personally haven't.
I have explained why this is NOT a good idea, several times over the years. Cat food is NOT meant to be fed to fish, including this brand/formula of food. Honestly, if one can't figure out a way to keep a fish properly, they would probably be best rehoming them to someone who can. I get it, food isn't cheap, but it's part of the hobby.
So if you can't afford to feed a fish properly, then do what's right for the fish, don't be a dumb ass and feed cat food to it.

This is the guaranteed analysis from the cat food that was mentioned previously. A minimum crude fat content might be fine for Sturgeon, or some of the cold water species, such as trout etc - but NOT for warm water tropical fish, for the same reason that I stated to the OP.

Guaranteed Analysis
DESIGNED TO MIRROR MOTHER NATURE

Crude protein (min.)42 %
Fat content (min.)20 %
Crude ash (max.)9 %
Crude fibers (max.)3 %
Moisture (max.)10 %
Calcium (min.)1.7 %
Phosphorus (min.)1.3 %
Magnesium (min.)0.1 %
Taurine (min.)0.3 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)2.1 %