Grow out tank question

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
bgk seem to work well with upperjaw polys
I keep a 11-12 inch BGK with my Ornates, Laps, Endli's and Sens without issue. They don't seem to bother each other. BGK is a good bichir tank mate but a very slow grower so be wary if growing out with lower jaws as he might become a tasty snack. I recently moved my sens out to a breeding tank but last night their tank just randomly cracked and water was going everywhere so had to put them back in the main tank temporarily till I get another suitable tank for them.....

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Well thats a bummer. Glad their still ok.
Thanks mate. Yeah luckily I had plenty of time to rescue them and put them back in the main tank. I was just looking at the tank next minute it just cracks and water starts going everywhere. A fish keepers nightmare scenario... Least I still have 10-20 fry from when the sens bred in the tank before it broke. Hope they make it. I will get another tank as soon as I can afford it. Don't want to risk the Sens becoming an expensive Endli snack soon......

Reactions: Jafar P Arab

Mighty Wizard

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
Everywhere
I was just looking at the tank next minute it just cracks and water starts going everywhere.
Have you considered the possibility that you might have telekinetic powers?

Glad to hear that you spotted it in time, it must be a seriously ****ty experience to find your entire tank emptied out on the floor...

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!

Glad to hear that you spotted it in time, it must be a seriously ****ty experience to find your entire tank emptied out on the floor...
Yes. Been there done that. Luckily it was only 60g. Went to a wedding for the weekend and came home to 58gs on the floor.

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017

Luckily for me I was home and literally looking at the tank when it started. a few hours earlier and I would have still been at work...... There was a small amount of water left in the tank so I think being bichir they would of been ok till I came home and rescued them but if it wasn't an air breathing fish it would have been game dead for sure. The tank that died was 3 ft so luckily wasn't my 600 litre tank. I would have had real problems if that went.....

Yes. Been there done that. Luckily it was only 60g. Went to a wedding for the weekend and came home to 58gs on the floor.
Every fish keepers nightmare........That sux man.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Luckily for me I was home and literally looking at the tank when it started. a few hours earlier and I would have still been at work...... There was a small amount of water left in the tank so I think being bichir they would of been ok till I came home and rescued them but if it wasn't an air breathing fish it would have been game dead for sure. The tank that died was 3 ft so luckily wasn't my 600 litre tank. I would have had real problems if that went.....

Every fish keepers nightmare........That sux man.
Thanks. Only lost 1 fish in that mess. But they were cold and only had a inch of water in the tank so no filtration or flow.

Jafar P Arab

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2017
Northridge ca
Another question on the territorial aspect... If I only add this ornate and by the time he grows to a good size I'm ready to add other monsters that still have yet to grow to a size where my ornate wouldn't eat them, how do you introduce new fish kept in smaller grow out tanks to your bigger tanks with the larger fish in them?
Add some more polys u will love ur tank with more of em teugs ornates delhz palmas congi

Jafar P Arab

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2017
Northridge ca
Thanks mate. Yeah luckily I had plenty of time to rescue them and put them back in the main tank. I was just looking at the tank next minute it just cracks and water starts going everywhere. A fish keepers nightmare scenario... Least I still have 10-20 fry from when the sens bred in the tank before it broke. Hope they make it. I will get another tank as soon as I can afford it. Don't want to risk the Sens becoming an expensive Endli snack soon......
Glass or

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store