Growth time?

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
One possibility is that if it’s an aquarium strain it may have had lots of the color lost due to inbreeding. I had a eureka red peacock (very different species) that never got colored.
But do you think it could get some of the real coloration in time, or dont wait for it, and change it for a real one.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
But do you think it could get some of the real coloration in time, or dont wait for it, and change it for a real one.
I’d still give it time, but perhaps get another new one as an experiment to see if it is just this batch or something with the environment.

Reactions: pakash

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
When you add fish you need to add a group...when you add one the existing fish will try/succeed to kill it. You would likely want to replace the whole group rather than adding one pure fish.

Reactions: pakash and Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
i cant, everytime y add new fish they kill it.
Nickel for every time I had that problem…
When you add fish you need to add a group...when you add one the existing fish will try/succeed to kill it. You would likely want to replace the whole group rather than adding one pure fish.
Good point

Reactions: pakash

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
I’d still give it time, but perhaps get another new one as an experiment to see if it is just this batch or something with the environment.
My best options right know, is to let time pass, and see if he gets that nice blue color with black stripes, ill wait another 2 months if it doesnt happen just get some new ones and take those out. Sorry for so many questions.

Reactions: Deadeye

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Or rearange de rocks to keep them, in control.
I have not found rearranging the rocks allows me to add a single fish safely. I add a group or none. Don't forget to quarantine.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I would replace the entire group in your situation...but in other scenarios I like to add five...will consider three in a pinch. IME size of new fish versus old fish does not matter much if you add a group, but sub-adults will more likely be ignored by adults.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store