Growth time?

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
I would replace the entire group in your situation...but in other scenarios I like to add five...will consider three in a pinch. IME size of new fish versus old fish does not matter much if you add a group, but sub-adults will more likely be ignored by adults.
Why replacing them, if i dont know yet if they are cynotilapia afra halo reef for real.

Reactions: Milingu

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Why replacing them, if i dont know yet if they are cynotilapia afra halo reef for real.
There is some misconception about the Cynotilapia from Jalo reef belonging to C. afra. They are C. zebroides. But they are often sold under the wrong species.

Reactions: pakash

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
There is some misconception about the Cynotilapia from Jalo reef belonging to C. afra. They are C. zebroides. But they are often sold under the wrong species.
I know now the new species name is cynotilapia zebroides, but im not so sure if my fish belong to that species for real.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
You cannot ID a pure fish by visual exam, regardless of how mature. You would replace the suspect group with a group purchased from a reputable vendor so there will be no doubt the entire group is pure.

If pure fish are not an issue, then keep this group and enjoy them however they turn out.

Reactions: pakash and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store