Guide to keeping peacock bass (Sticky, I hope)

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
i have a question about these how often a day should i feed my baby orinco p bass? i fed them one square of frozen thawed blood worms they ate all of it i fed them a little at time and waited for them to eat what i put into the tank before i added more from the same feeding session.

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
I think you should go a little more in depth with it. Also you should add that baby pbass should be fed live foods when small because they get nutrients from the feeders that they will need for optimum health. I also think you should've said the Temensis species need a bigger tank than a 240(8' x 2' x 2') considering they get fairly larger than the rest of the Cichla family. I think what else that should be added to this would be, when preparing market shrimp for Cichla(or any fish) they should have no salt on them, they should be defrosted at room temperature, deshelled and the tails should be removed(just the spine in the tail).

Also if your pbass get Ich, you should'nt add aquarium salt. Just raise the temp. Other than those facts(I am probably forgetting something) seems pretty good to me. :)
No salt??? Is that a new thing?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store