Gulper catfish in 20 long?

Campbell_wat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2019
My gut is telling me it’s an infection just based on how best up he is. Called the vendor and they said they’d give me a store credit. Better than nothing. Thanks for the fast response. Not gonna buy a gulper from them again.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

CodysOutCruisin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
Reviving this thread. Can anyone advise me? I have a 20 long and I want to put a 5" gulper in there. I'm ready to buy him now. Will this be okay or will he be too stressed?

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

CodysOutCruisin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
I imagine that a 3"-4" gulper should be alright in a 20 gal for some time. They like to swim but are poor swimmers, rather wobblers, circlers, and one-spot swimmers.

I'd suggest doing a search in the Catfish section and reading hits. This topic comes up from time to time over years. There is no one easy answer, it seems.

I see this part, but im hoping for a little more reassurance before I press the purchase button 😬

• Haha
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Eventually the fish will hit 10 inches or so - not good for a 20 as it’s permanent home.

Reactions: tlindsey

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
As stated, IMHumO, you will be fine for a couple of years if not longer, depending how much you feed it and what and how quickly it grows.

It's good to have a solid plan and a back up plan for the fish's lifespan when buying fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store