Guys, I need a help to identify my Aro (Scleropages formosus)

Mcomar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
Brazil
Need a better pic for sure. And the 360L tank seem to be small for an Aro.

Does it say anywhere F1/F2/F3 on the certificate?

Reg lighting, try with Warm White (yellow) T5 tube lights. Just try and see, however this will only give an enhanced looks and light up the existing gold coloration, and cannot do anything to its actual colors. People say good things about Tanning lights/Miracle Lights from Quian Hu, but I don't have personal experience on them.

You can also try with white/blue background for the tank, include some market prawns in his diet and maintain clean water to enhance Golden arowana color. But not sure how much can be turned around, given that it is more than 1 year old.
I will try update the video: it has better quality.
I am building a bigger tank: 600L.
I will try change the background color and do some experience with the color oh the lamps that I am using.
There are any information about the F1/F2/F3 on the certificate.

Thank you for the tips.

Mcomar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
Brazil
reduce the lighting, might have been overtanned thus the dark color.
Crossbacks get dark when exposed to strong light.
color as of now looks like 1.5 red(because of horshoe pattern on sclaes), maybe some mix of gold.
btw have you tried to scan the arowana to see if serial number matches?
did you get the fish directly from farm?
Ok, I will reduce the time of lighting. Thanks.
I bought it from a Fish Store here in Brazil, not directly from farm.
Here in Brasil we have not this kind of scanner...:(

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
It's very difficult to get the true gold on video or photo, mine on a photo looks similarly to yours, almost a copper color, but in real life it's s lot lighter and brighter.
It's a nice fish.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
It's not a XBack Golden, it's some low grade genetic Aro. Good one will show nice color when its hit 12 inches mark (start show/developed color at 7~8 inches)
*There are plenty of LFS selling Arowana with FAKE Certificate, especially you bought your Aro in Brazil...Even Asian folks living in South east Asia still have change buying Aro with "Fake" Certificate.
*Real Aro with tag will show their tag number if you scan its body for tag ID.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
my guess is its a cross between rtg and Banjar.
but its just a guess. normally at 17 inch, gold rims should already be visible even for rtgs .

anyway try to reduce the lighting to see if color changes.

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
Educated guess based on previous pic and the current one albeit a full side view shot would paint a better pic - the tail and the rear fins do not show the typical RTG or Malaysian Golden traits. The inner core of the scales have strong horseshoe markings typical of a Green Aro/Yellow Tail. The gold shine is now quite apparent though. It's highly likely a hybrid. What exact parentage resulting in this kind of hybrid is hard to ascertain. Could be several generations of hybridization.

Regardless, if you as the owner like the fish, very little else matters. Did it come with a certificate? If yes from which farm?

Reactions: Hao and Mcomar

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
I read the earlier postings - it's very hard to believe Sianlon produce this fish to be honest. There are ways to check however. There are entities that recycle pit tags and certs from deceased fishes for example and even cases of fake representation in places like Vietnam so there are possibilities out there.

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
This is the Sianlon site whereby you are suppose to be able to verify thr pit tag. Caveat - I know the old website but have only seen this new one so is it a direct Sianlon site I am unsure.

http://sianlon.com.my/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114&Itemid=711

I have a hunch about this Aro if indeed it came from Sianlon but it still doesn't explain the prominent green horseshoe markings.

Bit of background about Sinlon. They are a very very high quality Malaysian Golden breeder. Secretive but I have had in my years of keeping Aros limited contact with them. While they are based in Malaysia, they typically prefer not to sell locally, choosing to export their fishes to Japan and the other prime markets.

Reactions: Mcomar
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store