The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow
Nice looking! Congrats on the fry!

Reactions: C. Breeze

C. Breeze

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Coastal Empire
I do keep some outside year round. I am on the east coast at 32 degrees north. They are from the east coast at about 32 degrees south. Pretty similar temperate climate overall. High highs and low lows. I also keep some inside overwinter so I can watch them. The terrapurpura in particular are go getters, enjoyable fish to have.
I was explaining to someone the other day how the vats or ponds are a somewhat different experience that fish watching- it’s ecosystem watching. You do see the fish a decent amount not as much, but you see the pond go through blooms and all the different hatches of bugs that you get, the way the food supply changes from spring to summer to fall- the way the fry are always popping up on the surface as sme time every year just like you’ll see the flashing of the fishes sides in slo mo underwater in the mornings when they’re spawning the same every year just like the blueberries and just like the azaleas. The pecans and the satsumas it all happens every year and i am always looking gfoeward to what happens next.

so yeah, I dig it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store