Haitiensis Growth Thread

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
BIG-G BIG-G there's some color for you ^^^^
Hell yeah! Looking good man. Looks like you got a pair forming there.
I love the serpae in there too that splash of red with these nasty looks real nice!

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I love them in there with all of the black and white contrast. They're cool because they can hang with the nasties during feeding time. They get right in there with them. For now at least lol. BIG-G BIG-G

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
They look Killa mate love them, growing nicely too wish we could get them here in Australia. Lol love the expression on the kids face too haha priceless, looks like youl have a future fish nut there to help you with water changes.

Reactions: Jhay3513

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
They look Killa mate love them, growing nicely too wish we could get them here in Australia. Lol love the expression on the kids face too haha priceless, looks like youl have a future fish nut there to help you with water changes.
Yep him and his sister love the aquarium. She's 4 so she actually does help run the hoses and things for water changes and feeds there here and there. My son is 5 months old and we put his bouncer in front of the aquarium and he will sit there quietly for a while watching them dart about

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
BIG-G BIG-G well so much for liking the contrast of the red on the tetras with the Haitiensis. I started with 16 and when I counted Sunday there were 13. I figured this was from illness or something and them eating the corpses before I could scoop them out. Well I was wrong. My son was crying so I went to check on him (tank is in his room) and literally as soon as I turned on the light I witnessed the male (largest of the group) strike one of the tetras and latch on to its face while dodging the other Nasties that were trying to get in on the action. I’ve been having an algae bloom so I stopped using the blue “moon” light setting on my LEDs and completely black the tank out at night. I noticed that the Haitiensis started showing nocturnal hunting behavior once the lights started turning completely off. I wonder if this is the same for wild nasties. That would be cool if this were similar traits to wild members of their family. I realized that they were fully alert in the tank while the tetras were in their “sleep trance” state and the lights have been off since 9 pm. CB20015E-7E4D-4F01-B899-62DF8F5365BF.jpeg6529845A-5EC7-48E3-8BB5-5C04E4A700A5.jpeg

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Well we kinda knew it would happen sooner or later.
They are living up to their name!
Nasty

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Well we kinda knew it would happen sooner or later.
They are living up to their name!
Nasty
Yeah exactly lol. I just didn’t think they’d kill them and they’re barely any larger than the tetras. Plus during the day they pay them absolutely no attention lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store