Hard decision..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Ok guys I'm going to That Pet Place/Fish place tomorrow and I can't decide on these 2 fish I want. I'm confused as to get a Cuban Cichlid (I've wanted one forever now).. Or a Texas cichlid! ( they are so pretty) I would prefer a red Texas ciclid but they are out of stock... So my decision is on those 2.. Which one would be better for my tank.. I have a tank with 2 jack dempseys(pair), 2 juvenile convicts(1 male, 1 female).. And a female juvenile green terror. Sooo Cuban or Texas lol help me decide.
can't say I agree about carpintis aggression........all the Green Texas I ever had were chumps. I always heard cyanno was the bigger, badder one. I never had 1 though ...nor a Cuban.

Reactions: monkeybike

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
That imported one is truly disgusting.

You know there's a hybrid board for that right?
I take offense to that thats my old fish I just sold. Your the first one to say that. Sold her for 300$ so I guess this import is an expensive ugly fish???

You have your opinion and I know there is a hybrid board for it Jesus Christ she just asked an opinion on what she should get.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
I take offense to that thats my old fish I just sold. Your the first one to say that. Sold her for 300$ so I guess this import is an expensive ugly fish???

You have your opinion and I know there is a hybrid board for it Jesus Christ she just asked an opinion on what she should get.
I took offense to the notion that people should get imported hybrids instead of natural species. To each his own, and I guess that's why there are separate boards.

Sorry OP it's getting off track. Personally I'd prefer a carpintis but there's a chance it will be the only fish in your tank in a few months.

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Ones an exotic model from Thailand and one is from good ole Texas.

Get the imported girl

View attachment 1170673

View attachment 1170674
Nice fish. That Red is almost a really nice fish. Well, it is. But only one half i the deep red. I would like to own a fish like that.

I domt get why people hate on hybrids. To each their own i suppose... But you can get unique combinations that no natural species have. If people dont like them they can keep it to themselves.

Nice Red though...

Reactions: Frank Castle

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Most people don't hate hybrids it's just in alot of species it's getting very hard to get pure natural strains, trimacs for instance, here in the UK if you buy one From your lfs you will more then likely end up with a flowerhorn the only place to find them is have them imported from coa/rapps or private breeders and it's the same with alot of other species. Both are lovely fish though.

Reactions: Frank Castle

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Yea normally but Cubans if there top fish in the tank they kill every thing if there not top get stressed and die of bloat. Ime

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store