Status
Not open for further replies.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I got a good little chuckle out of that :D

Why do you even care? The guy has over 5,500 posts and 57 "Likes". How many people do you think are listening to advice from him with those stats? Not to mention he purposely comes to the thread to troll it and insult people, then pretends to be an upstanding citizen and say "Oh yea, well this thread is getting off-topic". 1 "Like" for every HUNDRED posts.....

Gee, I wonder why.
This is extremely misguided. The like system was only added in the most recent overhaul of the forum. I would guess around 5400 of his posts predate this overhaul. I don't care to wager in on the hybrid topic, because at the end of the day it's going to come down to preference. If you don't have an issue with hybridization you should still understand the risks of it.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Why do you even care? The guy has over 5,500 posts and 57 "Likes". How many people do you think are listening to advice from him with those stats? Not to mention he purposely comes to the thread to troll it and insult people, then pretends to be an upstanding citizen and say "Oh yea, well this thread is getting off-topic". 1 "Like" for every HUNDRED posts.....

Gee, I wonder why.
You win the most moronic post of the month award ;)

Most of my posts were from late 2000s and early 2010s. Man I miss the old times when people knew more about fish. A lot of knowledgable people stopped coming here because of immature people like you. I come over from time to time to check on old buddies, not for people to like my posts.

This is not the first time hybrids are bashed on this board. Happened all the time and will happen again. One thing we don't do is to go to the hybrid board to say how pure species are better than hybrids. All it takes to have peace is for hybrid people (so to speak) to do the same.

RTFF and you may learn something.

Last edited:

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
This is extremely misguided. The like system was only added in the most recent overhaul of the forum. I would guess around 5400 of his posts predate this overhaul. I don't care to wager in on the hybrid topic, because at the end of the day it's going to come down to preference. If you don't have an issue with hybridization you should still understand the risks of it.
Be that as it may, the point was, which I have learned from experience people are much more likely to listen and respect your POV if you present yourself in a respectful, non-aggressive manner. I have bred hybrids in fish, and reptiles and I am 50/50 on it. I don't hate them, I don't love them, but I treat them as I would any living creature. While I agree finding certain strains, especially Three-spot Cichlids, hybridization can prove to make it rather challenging and frustrating, there are numerous naturally occurring hybrids and intergrades that can be found in the wild regularly. In this instance, for ONCE, I will actually defend humans on the matter.

We didn't create hybrids, we just took them to new levels. Mother Nature deserves all the credit for creating them.

See what I mean? Not even listening, won't take this guy's advice.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Be that as it may, the point was, which I have learned from experience people are much more likely to listen and respect your POV if you present yourself in a respectful, non-aggressive manner. I have bred hybrids in fish, and reptiles and I am 50/50 on it. I don't hate them, I don't love them, but I treat them as I would any living creature. While I agree finding certain strains, especially Three-spot Cichlids, hybridization can prove to make it rather challenging and frustrating, there are numerous naturally occurring hybrids and intergrades that can be found in the wild regularly. In this instance, for ONCE, I will actually defend humans on the matter.

We didn't create hybrids, we just took them to new levels. Mother Nature deserves all the credit for creating them.
I agree it wasn't a tactful way to state an opinion. I don't know peathenster personally and this is probably the first or second time I've communicated with or about him. As a budding SA cichlid enthusiast I can't help but have respect for him and what he's done in the hobby. If I had to guess I would say he was every bit as offended as the person he responded to. I think making a statement that a nice wild pair is inferior to the designer fish is inflammatory even if it seems harmless.

Reactions: peathenster

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
See what I mean? Not even listening, won't take this guy's advice.
I'm not being nice. I know that. But am I wrong?

Do you not know "like" started recently? Can you not look at how many of the 5000 posts were made after that, if you really want to make the point? I did nothing to you, and you are the one that said nobody liked my posts, and now I'm not being respectful? Geez wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if you are always right?

Once again, I don't go to the hybrid board to bash hybrids. I hope people into hybrids don't come here and say their hybrids are better than natural species. That's all. Or else.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I'm not being nice. I know that. But am I wrong?

Do you not know "like" started recently? Can you not look at how many of the 5000 posts were made after that, if you really want to make the point? I did nothing to you, and you are the one that said nobody liked my posts, and now I'm not being respectful? Geez wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if you are always right?

Once again, I don't go to the hybrid board to bash hybrids. I hope people into hybrids don't come here and say their hybrids are better than natural species. That's all. Or else.
But clearly we both possess a vast array of knowledge and experience, and when we don't use our better social skills to post strongly opinionated thoughts, we alienate people and WASTE that knowledge that would otherwise go to good use simply by showing a little respect.

Peoples' fish preferences are not to be judged as right or wrong, because there is no correct answer. How would you like it if someone flat-out told you "Your opinion is wrong"? In your reality, you are right, but I took offense to your post in the same way you took offense to Ihsnshaik Ihsnshaik owning a hybrid.

It's silly and petty and miniscule and IMO, downright RETARDED. Don't you think as intelligent as we are, something as simple as respecting other members' opinions and making sure we give ourselves at least a SEMI-professional appearance is rather easy ?

It's up to you. It's not too late, you can still get my respect.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
But clearly we both possess a vast array of knowledge and experience, and when we don't use our better social skills to post strongly opinionated thoughts, we alienate people and WASTE that knowledge that would otherwise go to good use simply by showing a little respect.

Peoples' fish preferences are not to be judged as right or wrong, because there is no correct answer. How would you like it if someone flat-out told you "Your opinion is wrong"? In your reality, you are right, but I took offense to your post in the same way you took offense to Ihsnshaik Ihsnshaik owning a hybrid.

It's silly and petty and miniscule and IMO, downright RETARDED. Don't you think as intelligent as we are, something as simple as respecting other members' opinions and making sure we give ourselves at least a SEMI-professional appearance is rather easy ?

Let me say those things be disrespectful and condescending. I was raised way differently than that. You might be right or wrong but there's a way to talk to others. Life's short get a hybrid.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US

You are missing the point. I don't take offense in people owning hybrids. To each his own and he can enjoy whatever he likes.

What I did take offense was for him to come over and bash H. cyano with his hybrid that he bought from Thailand.

You think all the people who worked on getting, keeping, understanding, breeding and distributing pure species are happy with some kid running his mouth with a hybrid from, of all places, Thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store