Hedgehog with a Giant Tick (it's big)

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
I caught this little hedgehog near my apartment in Tiraspol (Pridnestrovie). He had the biggest tick that I have seen in my life. I've ripped it off and it started crawling around. Crazy stuff. Really crazy

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good save but too bad the hedgehog couldn't get back all the blood that that disgusting parasite stole from it.

Reactions: tlindsey

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
my granddad was a cattle rancher and we found a tick by the salt lick that must have been bigger around than a quarter. it had dropped off and was about to lay eggs we think. stomped it and a big jet of black blood shot out. really gnarly

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Jeepers... no thanks!

I would have injected some H2O2 and watch it fizz, maybe that's a little nasty but welp.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Best to burn them -- not sure it's true but I heard if you squish them and they have eggs (which big bloated ones usually do I think), some of the eggs can still hatch. And once ticks get into your house they're really hard to get out.

Reactions: tlindsey

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Best to burn them -- not sure it's true but I heard if you squish them and they have eggs (which big bloated ones usually do I think), some of the eggs can still hatch. And once ticks get into your house they're really hard to get out.
good point. i didn't think of that

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
i should have fed the hedge. but i didn't have any food with me
I've always wanted a hedgie and they were readily available here for years until authorities decided that the keeping of small exotic mammals is illegal in our state.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store