HELP GRENDEL!

elykyelsna

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA
i noticed about a week ago, these few bumps on the side of my endlicheri, its a little hard to make them out in the photos, but there are three in a row at the top of one of the stripes and one a little further back. does anyone know what these are?! what should i do?!

bumps1.JPG

bumps.JPG

grendel.JPG

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
do those bumps seem to be getting larger? when you notice them all 4 bumps were already present?

elykyelsna

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA
theyve stayed the same size, yes, its always been 4 since ive noticed, well its actually 5, there's a small one right above and between the 2nd two, they have a reddish tint to them :(

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
It could be a number of things none of which you can really do anything about.Its eally a matter of keeping an eye on them sorry -Anne

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
how long have you noticed this? were there bumps when you got the bichir? when did you get the bichir?

elykyelsna

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA
i got him maybe 5 months ago, i havent noticed them until recently, although they couldve always been there, he's grown almost 5'' since i got him, maybe theyre just easier to see now, he doesnt act abnormal, im starting to guess that it could just possibly be irritation, ive seen my common pleco try to suck on him before, but he swam away pretty quickly, if thats the case i guess melafix?

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
assuming its not parasite or bacterial, then yes melafix/salt, clean water and removing the pleco will do the trick if its just irritation.

how raised up are the bumps?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Anything sticking out of the bumps?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store