Help How To Use Ehiem 2227

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
hey i got to ehiem 2227's but idk how to use them or start them , i recently bought them but the guy didnt have time to show me how to operate them so now i am clueless as to what to do lol, so can siomebody post a video of how to use it or something plz

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
FREAKKKKKKKKKK!!:irked: i just mad a freakin water mess in my room , i think ima just sell them if i cant learn this crap right, they work but i made a mess and other crap

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA

Raven20

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2011
Baltimore
Isn't that a prime button on top of the filter in the manuel? I think it is

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
Suck it... Literally.
thats what i did at first but isnt there a better and easier less messy way

and Raven20 there is no button,

also if i were to sell these filters what would be a reasonable price

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
1. First, verify the filter is properly assembled, has NO WATER in it and the power cord IS NOT plugged into the wall outlet.

2. Put the intake pipe with strainer into the aquarium,

3. place the small diameter breather tube/pipe so that it hangs over the aquarium rim but IS NOT submerged under the water line,

4. hold the output hose in your hand and briefly suck on the end of the hose to start the water siphoning into the filter. Just hold the output hose over the aquarium until you see the water rise in the output hose until it is close to the rim of the aquarium. Now connect the output hose to the spray bar, if you are using one.

5. Now you can plug in the power cord to the wall outlet. The filter should start working properly.

Any other questions, just ask. I own one 2229 and it is basically the same as a regular Eheim filter but it is really designed to only use bio media and not mechanical media/pads.

What size tank were you going to use this filter on?

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
1. First, verify the filter is properly assembled, has NO WATER in it and the power cord IS NOT plugged into the wall outlet.

2. Put the intake pipe with strainer into the aquarium,

3. place the small diameter breather tube/pipe so that it hangs over the aquarium rim but IS NOT submerged under the water line,

4. hold the output hose in your hand and briefly suck on the end of the hose to start the water siphoning into the filter. Just hold the output hose over the aquarium until you see the water rise in the output hose until it is close to the rim of the aquarium. Now connect the output hose to the spray bar, if you are using one.

5. Now you can plug in the power cord to the wall outlet. The filter should start working properly.

Any other questions, just ask. I own one 2229 and it is basically the same as a regular Eheim filter but it is really designed to only use bio media and not mechanical media/pads.

What size tank were you going to use this filter on?
thank u now that makes sense cuz i was sucking on the input, and i was going to use this on a 180g as mainly mechanical filtration cuz my sump handles the bio, now i have 2 of these filters so how much could i sell the extra for

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
The 2227 is a biological filter, not a mechanical filter. You do have the option of converting it to mechanical (check the manual) but then the wet/dry feature will NOT work.

What is the distance from the floor to the rim of your 180G tank? The maximum installation height of the 2227 is 47" from filter base to aquarium rim.

How much you could sell the filter for depends on how much someone wants to buy it. Brand new, I think they were selling for $200 to $300. I paid $250 for my new 2229 in 2004. I wouldn't pay more than $100 used, if that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store