help me choosing my fish

xFLEAxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Jersey
You could get an Oscar or a Jack Dempsey. An oscar gets a few inches bigger then a Jack Dempsey ussualy but the average for an Osacr is 12+ inches so you could not keep them in there for life but you could for a while. Also since you are looking for an aggresive fish you should go with a JD over an Oscar if you choose one of them. An Oscar is not as aggresive as a Jack Dempsey it is just seen that way by some since it eats almost anything that will fit in its mouth and is always hungry. Good Luck though.

hmoobvwj

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
WISCONSIN
IMO i would personally get a solo piranha for example a rhom or an elong. Are you planning to house it in the 40g for life? If so then i would suggest getting some community of african cichlids.

aduplapersonalidadedoraul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Portugal
the aquarium have 39.4'' x 15,7'' x 15,7''.

About the piranhas serrasalmus elongatus is a good idea... but about the african cichlids, i don't like it very much because my idea was more like a single big speciment aquarium... but thanks for the opinion

so... now i have two fishes in mind: JD and serrasalmus elongatus... any more ideas? :):):)

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
Thats too small for a JD I think. Smaller CA cichlids like a salvini or cuban would be better.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Caquetaia myersi or Amphilophus festae....:) Either one of those would be great...although festae you would have to try and get female due to size limitations.

jdiidy271

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
new york
how about a flowerhorn!!!! they are very very very aggressive!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store