Help me keep my ALANTIC STINGRAY long live and happy!

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
Miles;524230; said:
Age has very little to do with acting 'Grown up'..

Let me rephrase, This person is not 'mature enough' to care for exotic animals. It's frusterating to those of us who dedicate alot of time and thought into making these animals viable specimens in captivity. HOWEVER, when some dolt who half-asses everything in life comes along and dosn't do research and has bad judgement, which in turn creates a misconception of the hobby or animal he cares for, it could be bad for all of us. Not to mention a waste of time.

Example: Kid buys stingray, Has a book, thinks he knows alot.. Puts stingray in Undersized tank, and it dies. Tells friends, "Stingrays are hard to keep."..

= Misconception

Example 2: Kid buys stingray, Has a book, think he knows alot. Gets stung by the Stingray, Stingray injury report hits media, Stingrays deemed dangerous animal, banned from keeping them. "Stingrays are dangerous"..

= Bad Judgement ruins it for all

I wouldn't really care as much, but the problem is this guy just recently killed a Motoro with the exact same ignorance. Then what does he do? Rushes out and purchases an even harder to care for animal that he knows little to nothing about, and runs to MFK asking for help.. In the end, we will all know what will happen to the stingray, and we all know what message he will portay to anyone who asks about his Stingray. "It was too hard to keep, and it died.".. when he should really be telling people "I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and it died."..
And I think that's true he deff shouldn't of bought this since he can't even take care of a motoro one of the easiest rays...but he has it he might as well keep it right and not kill it

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
kody1192;526300; said:
And I think that's true he deff shouldn't of bought this since he can't even take care of a motoro one of the easiest rays...but he has it he might as well keep it right and not kill it
oh yeah??

how about a 4x6 i built yesterday!
Picture 233.jpg

Picture 235.jpg

Picture 229.jpg

This is only temporaily until i move out soon.:headbang2

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
If you built that yesterday, there is no way it can be cycled properly, and your redtail is going to bully that ray to death at night.

But on a side note, I am gald your ray is still alive.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
WOW you have some serious issues in your life. Anybody else think this guy is crazy? seriously.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
DavidW;529721; said:
well...if he simply transfered cycled filters then it could be OK
filters and water and gravel but i highly doubght that.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
DavidW;529721; said:
well...if he simply transfered cycled filters then it could be OK
That would be fine, except the filter went from a 40 gallon to a 240 roughly.

Redtail_Watcher;522432; said:
okay, okay, clam down now?...

i took it out and put it in my 4x4ft 2h wood pond this morning right before i had to go to work, satisfied? anyone? i know to care to want anymore deaths on my mind. Now i'm not insane.. and just remmber that it is about 7-8inches. I am not expecting it to grow more than a 24inches.

I will post picture up later... when i can remember where i put my camera:screwy:
If you remember this was torn apart... then rebuilt. I don't think that filter could have even had enough time to cycle past ammonia, let alone fully cycle. Then we move to this?

Redtail_Watcher;529241; said:
oh yeah??

how about a 4x6 i built yesterday!
View attachment 46975

View attachment 46976

View attachment 46977

This is only temporaily until i move out soon.:headbang2
I really doubt the filter was cycled. I wouldn't go as far as Miles to say just stop keeping fish, but I would not keep fish like this until you are a little more versed in how to do standard maintance and setup on tanks/pond.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
well done at least you are trying to do what you can to give the ray a good chance

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
well hey, the filter was transfer from my 75g tank that was a 2200g power head attached with a filter at the intake. and with a holes connected to a 800gallon pond filter to my power head. I use 85percent out of my 75 gallon it only filled it up about 3inches and use some of the old water from my 4x4 2h pond. Their was salt content in both waters reading close between to 1.004-1.000. so they swam ok with no smell of tap water. I had to fill the water add from my foset, amount was 80percent. I add a hole small medium size bottle of water condintioner i got form wallmart.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I just wish yall would stop being negative! Please stop hateing, i am trying my best!

I am move soon. I got my old man(POPS) just put a crack in my 75g for building my 4x6.:nilly: :( :cry: :( Right now I'm living between cities from one side to the other at my friends, I'm going out today to look for an apartment with a basment.:)
Picture 238.jpg

Picture 240.jpg

Picture 241.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store