HELP My Rays!

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
I just noticed that one of my rays that has been acting funny seems to be constipated. Overfeeding? Bad worms? She has half a curler hanging and has been trying to pop the rest of it out.... any ideas?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Did you start working on better water with small water changes daily to every other day? If the tap water is good start changing it.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Did you start working on better water with small water changes daily to every other day?

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App
Definitely start with this

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Doing daily wc. It seems that all who are acting strange are also backed up, so which came first? Could my problem be in the food? They are eating raw shrimp and dmf earthworms.

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
You just installed a new pump? is your tank grounded? maybe you have some stray current running through your system and thats whats causing the issues

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
That was one of my first thoughts but I tested it and found nothing. I can definitely say that their strange behavior is from constipation. Now just to figure out what is causing the constipation...
I bought pothos today. I rinsed the dirt from the roots and now have them in a qt tank too leach any contaminants from them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store